Tourne....these trails any good?

Liv2Ride

No postings on this trail in a while, just wondering if anyone would recommend this trail for someone who rides CR most of the time. Looks like it is just as far as CR for me. If anyone thinks its worth 1/2 hour drive let me know.

D

DANSPANK

It's great for doing hill repeats as the main hill has two fireroads up it. If it's wet then these fireroads are still fine.

The only thing with Tourne is that you blast through it pretty quickly so you really have to do laps to build up some distance.

But try hill repeats - I know Al Heythrop just did 7 back-to-back last week! I'm at 3!

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
"3" !?!?! come on man.....
my fat ass can do more than that this early in the season.........:D

it will take me six hours though

Liv2Ride

The Tourne

Cool!! Just might hit this trail next time i go ride. Would be nice to catch a group ride and get a tour of the Tourne but I work weekends and most my riding is during week and usually in the mornings. Longer days are coming so that might change. Thanks again.

D

DANSPANK

Spurned on by this:
"3" !?!?! come on man.....
my fat ass can do more than that this early in the season.........:D
I hit Tourne today for a nice, long sesh:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5169166

I wanted to do just 2 Tourne climbs but from the main road, up the park road and then up the fire road to the top - 1 clockwise, 1 anti clockwise. I ended up doing 3 of those and one more for good measure. Really pleased with the 17miles and 3k ft of climbing. The trails are in fantastic shape.

From now on I want to be called Polcodot Daniel.

I have a new found love for Tourne. And the nice dog walking chickadee that chatted me up. And the two students taking artsy photos in the woods. And the Chevy's seafood platter I devoured afterwards. Hi Five!

monkey boy

Self-Imposed Exile
hhooorrraayyyy
see, do hill repeats & score chicks. not a bad day in the woods.
Ant less than three and she would have spit in yer eye

RyGanley

Spurned on by this:

I hit Tourne today for a nice, long sesh:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5169166

I wanted to do just 2 Tourne climbs but from the main road, up the park road and then up the fire road to the top - 1 clockwise, 1 anti clockwise. I ended up doing 3 of those and one more for good measure. Really pleased with the 17miles and 3k ft of climbing. The trails are in fantastic shape.

From now on I want to be called Polcodot Daniel.

I have a new found love for Tourne. And the nice dog walking chickadee that chatted me up. And the two students taking artsy photos in the woods. And the Chevy's seafood platter I devoured afterwards. Hi Five!

If that Seafood Platter dident' give u cramps, should see if you can lock in at least 5 hillers. Ill even bring the SS

D

DANSPANK

Cheeky bastard - these are from the road, son. Not the Nancy hills from the car park...

BAIN

I thought you were talking about the climbs on the other side of the gate that go up to the tourne. I didn't know you were talking about the roads that go up to the side entrance of the red from the first parking lot.

:getsome:

RyGanley

I thought you were talking about the climbs on the other side of the gate that go up to the tourne. I didn't know you were talking about the roads that go up to the side entrance of the red from the first parking lot.

:getsome:

Makes 2 of us.

D

DANSPANK

Boyss, boys, boys - let me explain. I start at the Mountain Lakes lot and take the red route through the woods until I reach the parking lot at the base of Tourne. I then turn downhill to the main entrance, turn around and start my climb from there - up the road, onto the gravel car park, past the half-gate thing then clockwise up Tourne. Get to the top, take the gravel track down, past the half-gate, through the gravel car park and on down the hill to the main entrance. Turn around and do it all again but head anticlockwise up Tourne.

Now if you do 5 of those on your single speed then I will bow down...

Glancing Aft

I figured I'd give the tourne climb a shot tonight. I set myself a lofty goal, which I did not meet. After the 5th time in a row up I was hating my life too much to go again so I branched off did a little bit of actual riding and came back and got a 6th trip to the top. Tomorrow will be a well earned day off of the bike.
http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5348310

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions