Tourne Stunts Vandalized!

ytc100

Hey guys - Your awesome "north shore" ramps have been vandalized.

Saw them this morning flipped over and generally kicked about. Not in too bad of shape though and I tried to reset them as best I could with the limited time I had.

Someone in the Tourne does not like mountain bikers and is always messing up log ramps that I have set. Probably the same a-hole who tried to wreck your ramps.

-Scott

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
ytc100 said:
Hey guys - Your awesome "north shore" ramps have been vandalized.

Saw them this morning flipped over and generally kicked about. Not in too bad of shape though and I tried to reset them as best I could with the limited time I had.

Someone in the Tourne does not like mountain bikers and is always messing up log ramps that I have set. Probably the same a-hole who tried to wreck your ramps.

-Scott
It's okay; I don't let that stuff bother me. The stunts account for a very small portion of the trails there and there is just too much good riding to enjoy. They probably went home with a sense of defiance and accomplishment but I won't lose any sleep over it.

Thanks for doing what you can.

-jay

RyGanley

pissed off

:evil: :evil: I am not so easy to let this ride.. I did not think anyone would have already ruined them... We know it's just a hiker and not the county police for they would have been taken apart and removed... There is somone that is going out of there way to ruin work.. and all eyes out when at the torne to remeber who you see hiking on the trails.. I would love to know who this person is. :evil: :evil:

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
alright you bastards.... :twisted: when will i be shown these trails :?:

i'll even help fix them... ry?

Jason

JORBA.ORG
mergs said:
alright you bastards.... :twisted: when will i be shown these trails :?:

i'll even help fix them... ry?
I have a few things to do this weekend but I'm planning on a ride at Tourne. Are you free this weekend at all? Ry, I know you are busy on Sunday but what's Saturday looking like for ya?

-jay

T

triameleon

which stunts do you mean....

I know that place pretty well and I have don't recall "north shore" stunts in there just a lot of logs rides and ramps that me and some friends have made and you would need some heavy duty equip. to remove them ie chain saw. where these destroyed stunts recent construction? As soon as I get back in nov I will be more than glad to help rebuild.

RyGanley

Stunts and Bitching

:twisted: 1st and foremost the ramps are fine.. I don't know if they were messed with or just fell apart from constant riding... This coming from one of the two who carried them up on my back.. I am not worried about them.. I do however want to make them More "Stunt Like" then just ramps.. They need to make you shake before you hit them..

:evil: Second; if there are hiker destroying what we build it might be because they don’t' like our presents in these parks.. I know some hikers just bitch for the sake of bitching.. But some have reason.. Maybe they had a bad experience with a biker on the trail in a near miss situation or getting startled from a biker coming up on there back to fast without warning.. We need to have Etiquette, it you see a hiker especially with kids or a dog.. Slow down to a creep and make yourself known.. Shit just say Hi and pass them.. The Tourne has had a lot of problems with rich Mountain Lake Residences closing down our trails because they feel we are a menace.. So be cool on the trail, make yourself known before you’re on top of a hiker and remember they get the right of way, but will relinquish it if you slow down in a pass. And Some people are just dicks.

Jason

JORBA.ORG
Re: Stunts and Bitching

RyGanley said:
:twisted: 1st and foremost the ramps are fine.. I don't know if they were messed with or just fell apart from constant riding... This coming from one of the two who carried them up on my back.. I am not worried about them.. I do however want to make them More "Stunt Like" then just ramps.. They need to make you shake before you hit them..

Hey Ry, I believe these were flipped and Scott set them back up best he could when he found them disturbed. The first ramp was on a bad angle so we totally redid it. Rides really nice now!

The second one was damaged. They ripped the left front supports off the first ramp. Still can ride it but it will tip.

nails.jpg

Then they left that in the middle of the trail.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
ok...i ride at the tourne three or four times a week at least up until the last month. i know i've seen some of you up there...i'm on a black ex7 and i'm usually wearing the only vapor wicking shirt i own, a yellow short sleeve. i grew up in the town, lived ON the tourne and i've NEVER seen this stuff and i've been all over the place up there. where is this 'north shore' trail? someone PM me directions to this. like i said, i'm up there a lot, usually at weird hours b/c i work from home and can be :) so i'll keep my eyes open.

jake

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
just an update, i rode them yesterday and they were intact...which is more than i can say for myself and the bike.

M

MikeM

People fuck with our stunts here too. Except its not hikers, its the local mtb organization. They're afraid that if the land manager sees the shit we build, he'll no longer allow mtb access to the trails. Every time we rebuild, they're destroyed the next day. We even went so far as to weld up steel frames for the ramps and cement them into the ground. Still, they brought in power tools to destroy it.
We try to build as farr off the main trail as possible, and to try to keep the shit hidden. That helps, but they always seem to find it.
I know its the dawn patrol riders doing it. Weve built shit in the middle of the night, then we go to hit it at 10 am and its already wrecked.

One night we'll have a campout by the spot and we'll find them and take care of business

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
mike-
this may be a really dumb question (and forgive my ignorance on this as it may have already been tried), but why not get all parties involved together and come up with a soultion? i mean, before you bust someone over the head at 3:00 am?

fyi- the stuff in the tourne was still fine on tuesday...

jake

M

MikeM

bonefishjake said:
mike-
this may be a really dumb question (and forgive my ignorance on this as it may have already been tried), but why not get all parties involved together and come up with a soultion? i mean, before you bust someone over the head at 3:00 am?
jake
I live on long island, open land here is very limited, and there is fierce competition for its use. Peoples opinions conflict on how the trails should be, and XC vs freeride is a big thing here that often leads to heated arguements.

Alot of the XC guys dont want any freeride shit in 'their' woods. The fr guys cant understand how building shit 500 feet off the trail could possibly bother anybody.
Right now the XC side has the power. They're older and better organized and know how the system works. They currently have more people, but thats been changing in the past few years. Freeriders cant get anything done legally for 2 reasons. The first is the danger element. Long island is predominantly inhabited by lawyers, u know where im goign with that. The second reason is that the vast majority of freeriders are kids, nobody cares what kids want, they cant vote.

In the long run, it boils down to the fact that i never get to ride half the shit I build because someone else doesnt like it. Ive put in dozens of hours of work that have been wasted. Next time, i will defend my castle so to speak. Maybe I just need to have a talk with them to see why they're so closed minded, but closed minded people usually arent worth talking to.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
fair enough. quite honestly, if the guys you are dealing with on strong island are that closed minded (i mean, we're all after the same thing...time on our bikes, right?) then you may be in for a bit of a struggle. you're right, no one listens to kids BUT if you can get one of those kids that has a mom or dad that's one of those dreaded lawyers on your side, well, as a dad i can tell you that i'd do whatever it took to get my kids what they wanted. just a thought...and just to be clear, my kids can't even walk yet so i don't have to worry 'bout that just yet.

Top Bottom