Tourne Discussion Ride.

RyGanley

If you haven't been following the long threat "Tourne Get's Sanitized" there have been a few developments over the last few months at Tourne. Many disagree with what has happened and feel there complaints fall on deaf ears. So Greg (Morris Trails Partnership/JORBA) and I (adopter of several Tourne Trails) are holding a old fashion Group ride Saturday 9-08-07 at 8:30 am (lower lot) to hear you guys and release some fresh parks information. We will tour the areas in question and swing my the newest trail. And for any whom are new to Tourne, I will take anyone interested to some sweeter of the spots to show even though they took out 3 stunts there is plenty fun stuff to ride.

This is your opportunity to show support without lifting a shovel.. Hell it's just a ride, what else are you going to do?

Riders,

Ryan and I will be available at the Tourne lower lot at 8:30am this Saturday to meet with you and discuss the developments at the Tourne. We feel it's important to begin getting to know each other, engaging in dialogue, and discussing potential solutions/approaches. As indicated in my posts, there are some near-tearm and longer-term implications at stake too, which I would like to share. I would also like to hear your perspectives.

We realize this is short notice, but whomever can make it, please stop by. Ryan will be leading a ride after our discussion, so bring your bike! Jeff Mergler (JORBA ED) wanted to make it too, but has an IMBA commitment elsewhere in the state. For those that can't make it, we can always hold a follow up discussion later in the month too. Hope to see you there!

Greg

PS: I am an early bird, so will likely be riding the park earlier than 8:30, though the timewill depend on when I get outta bed;) . Look for me on the green Voodoo 29'er and feel free to join me.

Last edited:

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG
Good to see some of you are going to make this! You will definitely get your chance to hear the issues and be heard. This is where and when you can speak out honestly and we can too... which is often not the case in mediums such as these forums. Either time, or issue sensitivity keep us tight lipped. Not an attempt to exclude the riding community.

Don't forget to bring a bike. :) Riding is still legal here.

p.s. Ryan, sorry about my duplicate post... didn't see yours before.

ytc100

Great meeting a bunch of you today. It was very informative.

Yeah nice to put some faces to the screen names. A lot of good information was shared at the meeting. I left feeling that there is the potential for a lot of good work to be done.

RyGanley

Great meeting you guys, I think the greet and ride was as successful as it could have been. I hope Greg answered all your questions, just pm him if somthing was missed. So hope to see some of ya at the next TM oct 6..

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Same Here!

Yeah nice to put some faces to the screen names. A lot of good information was shared at the meeting. I left feeling that there is the potential for a lot of good work to be done.

Guys, thanks for coming out. It was great to meet you, I'm only sorry I could join you for a ride (though Al and I had a good chat over a ride before our meeting). You had some valuable perspective and, I have relayed your input to my colleagues for consideration. Maybe you and others who ride Tourne can join us for the Oct 6th Trail Maintenance date. More volunteers we have, the faster we can work and - over time - the more we can accomplish. Ryan, Jeff, maybe as discussed we can offer another meet/ride before September's up?

Hey YTC...what's with the new logo?? ;) I kinda liked the jockey pulley ;)
Greg

ytc100

Guys, thanks for coming out. It was great to meet you, I'm only sorry I could join you for a ride (though Al and I had a good chat over a ride before our meeting). You had some valuable perspective and, I have relayed your input to my colleagues for consideration. Maybe you and others who ride Tourne can join us for the Oct 6th Trail Maintenance date. More volunteers we have, the faster we can work and - over time - the more we can accomplish. Ryan, Jeff, maybe as discussed we can offer another meet/ride before September's up?

Greg

I'm a definite for the trail maintenance. The earlier the better for me.

:hmmm: You're the 2nd person to comment on the avatar. Might have to go back...

RyGanley

Greg

I personly won't be able to hold anthing in September.. I am going to CHINA for a week and 1/2 till oct 1st. But The Tourne TM is definlty on.. I would like to have a larger turn out this time.

D

DANSPANK

Would the TM be switchable to Oct 7th? The 6th is the planned date for the Mooch epic. I'd like to come and dig holes at the Tourne as well...

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
AAM and MAM are off

Would the TM be switchable to Oct 7th? The 6th is the planned date for the Mooch epic. I'd like to come and dig holes at the Tourne as well...
Word has it the All-a-muchy and More-a-muchy are cancelled this year due to the stress the 24 hours race put on the trails there...all the more reason to give back to trails everywhere through some tender lovin' trail maintenance

Glancing Aft

As I mentioned during the meeting I'll be out in Colorado at the Great American Beer Festival that weekend, but I'll definitely make it to the November trail maintenance.

mergs

Spokompton's Finest
JORBA.ORG

logistically, these things are really hard to reschedule around other events. once we pencil these things in, the organizers start planning their weekends around them. this includes notifications to the user groups, posts on websites, organizing tools, etc. as a matter of fact, i believe Ryan is in Hong Kong at the moment on holiday.

if you can't make this one due to the all-muchy redux, or other plans, that's cool... we all have to lead our lives, and rest assured there will be other days. we'll see some of you this time, and some next time.

RyGanley

I personally won't be able to make it sunday.. but if a MCPC person wans to hold a Sunday TM on the 7th as well as the 6th, I don't see a problem.. Jeff, or Greg, is this doable?

Top Bottom