Tourne County Park Conditions

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stick to the higher ground-red was mostly ok from the upper lot to the lake. Do not go on...teal I think? it's very muddy. I didn't even bother trying blue. Overall rideable with some spots to avoid.

extremedave

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Super fun today, a little powder with some icy spots under. The tech blue trail had a really neat frozen waterfall effect from the uphill spring. Get some before the thaw!

IMG_8053.JPG
IMG_8055.JPG

Last edited:

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
Last I checked 30 is still below freezing. We will have frozen tundra.
30 is air temp.
Ground temps are usually higher in winter as it retains heat better than air..... I think.... which is why ice and snow on the ground melts even tho air temps are at freezing.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
30 is air temp.
Ground temps are usually higher in winter as it retains heat better than air..... I think.... which is why ice and snow on the ground melts even tho air temps are at freezing.

I believe that's called sublimation

pure water freezes at 32, add salts and other dissolvables (solution), and the freezing point goes down (boiling point goes up too)

sublimation is the state transition of a solid directly to a gas - when the humidity is low, the snow just disappears.

you'll be fine at the tourne.

Victor I

aka Ridgehog
30 is air temp.
Boiling Spring is an actual spring in the park. It’s the name of the spring.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions