Tourne County Park Conditions

mbruno

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I want to hit this park up on Sunday to burn off some ham-induced calories. Any tips? Where to start, trails, etc? Looks as if the conditions might be ok, unless we get a lot of rain on Saturday. Thanks everyone.

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Conditions will be good unless there is a ton of rain Fri/Sat. Look at this map:
http://morrisparks.net/maps/iviewer/tournepark.asp

Ride all of red and purple, they are marked well. I could give you a tour pretty much any weeknight, but you really can't get lost. Enter McCaffrey Lane from Powerville Rd and park in the first lot you come to on the right. The red trail starts right across the street. If you enter from Norris/Old Denville Rd, drive up to where you can't drive anymore and park in that lot. The other side of the red trail starts right across the street there.

If you really want to burn off the ham, do loops up and down the gravel fireroad to the top of the Tourne.

bstrain74

Can someone explain where the new JORBA section is at Tourne? Or maybe a map of new/fixed up trails? I ride here a lot. Thanks so much!

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Or maybe a map of new/fixed up trails?

See my highly technical MS paint map. I drew in the new section in orange.
Tourne.JPG

bstrain74

Wonderful. Thanks for the quick reply. I was there yesterday but did not get to that section of red. Will try next time!

A Potted Plant

Honorary Sod
Was there today for a hike since I thought the rain would have made it to soft, I was wrong I saw maybe 6 riders who didn't make the same mistake.

In other news I was there yesterday and lost a pair of sunglasses after a fall in that new orange section you guys speak of at the last turn going down hill. If anyone finds them lmk its hard to look like a douche bag with out them :D

SSmtbr

Tourne is riding great right now! Loving the blue trail as well as the nice touches on the red reroute. There's a good sized tree down across red that's thigh high that I had to climb over. It's on the red trail leaving the playground parking lot heading towards the reroute. All else is good to go!

Berms&Boofs

Excellent conditions at Tourne today. Peak color in the trees and minimal leaf cover on the trails. The overgrowth has also died off enough to ride the orange and unmarked trail at the top of the green.

Berms&Boofs

The trails are dry and the leaf cover is not bad. It seems like 60% of the leaves are already down. It should be great conditions for the weekend.

Does anyone know if it is legal to set up a buffet in front of your hunting blind. I found this today and it just seems wrong.
upload_2015-10-30_18-8-50.png

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
In a county park, it will depend on the park. As a general rule NJ does not ban deer feeding but on non-private lands it often does. State parks versus WMAs versus county parks, etc - will all have their own regulations.

While it may not seem fair I'd rather have it shot by a hunter than someone's hood ornament.

terrabike01

Anyone been riding here in the last few days? Was wondering how the conditions were. Debating whether to go here or Chimney Rock tomorrow morning.

FitmanNJ

There were lots of wet spots at The Tourne today (gave it a "2"). Not much really soft mud, but enough "give" to cause some concern. Based on the ride/conditions reports, it seems to recover fairly quickly after rains, so without any additional precipitation in the coming few days, it should get back to better conditions.

Rode there today while the ground was fairly frozen. However, I saw plenty of spots where folks were riding through the soft mud. Certainly, more ruts than those of us who like to see the trails stay in good shape would like to see.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions