Tourne County Park Conditions

mtbiker87

Been seeing a lot this myself around the more popular parts of Waywayanda. I unfortunately have come to expect such behavior in my condo complex. Not so much at the park.

HiFiGuy

Was there this morning, went at 9 to avoid the melt, needed studs cause it was slick icy conditions, maybe should have waited for some melt to start. Some spots worse than others, had to stick to mostly the flat stuff or risk sliding off the trail.
1614285228837.jpeg

TommyF

Rode Thursday afternoon, first time out this year and boy did that feel great! There is still some snow / slushy areas and mud too. Not to bad, definitely adds a bit of a challenge to the ride. Main trails are clearing up nicely. Saw a guy swimming at the lake, had to do a double take, he was in up to his chest!!!! Most of the lake was still covered by ice, talk about shrinkage.....

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So will Tourne be rideable later today?
It rained over an inch yesterday so....probably not a great idea.

I would tend to agree, although my yard is looking pretty much bone dry right now. It might be worth checking out, and you can always do loops up and down on the gravel road if the trails are no good. That said, you're better off going to Wildcat :p

stilluf

Excellent conditions at The Tourne yesterday. One or 2 muddy spots on the purple trail, otherwise primo! Plenty of hikers and dogs, but still lots of fun.

Berms&Boofs

FYI...The lower parking areas are closed... The upper lot is open... From MCPC :"TOURNE COUNTY PARK – ON TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY, 7/27 AND 7/28, THE MCCAFFREY LANE ENTRANCE AND WILDFLOWER TRAIL WILL BE CLOSED FOR TREE WORK."

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions