Tourne County Park Conditions

Jim wasn't kidding. It legit looked like someone groomed an 18" wide track through the whole place. Best packed snow conditions I've ever ridden! I went late afternoon and it was mid 30s and still firm. Should be good for a while as long as it gets below freezing at night and not too much sun. Any tires will be good.

20201220_155806.jpg

Last edited:
Well, sorry, i guess i jinxed it. It got WAAAY warmer than i thought it would today. I'm assuming all the perfect hardpack turned to mush. Anyone there today? I'm hoping if i hit it early Wednesday it will be frozen but scared it might be too icy.

Anyone there today?

It was OK but not great this morning. It warmed up and was sunny this afternoon, and it's not supposed to freeze tonight, so I wouldn't expect it to be very good tomorrow. I might go check it out in the morning anyway though.

Yeah I rode this afternoon and it was meh. Probably the most rideable thing around... but anywhere the sun was hitting the trail was pretty mush. Trails in the shade still seemed good.

Dipped below freezing last night so i got out this morning. It was a little icy but overall not bad. The red switchbacks were rough with frozen skinny tire ruts and Blue was the most slippery ice. Totally firm overall though from 9-11am. Was starting to soften up as i left. Tomorrow's weather looks like the end of snow/ice riding for a while though. It was good while it lasted!

Update: Dawn patrol tomorrow MIGHT be ok - i see low of 32 tonight and no rain until midday tomorrow.
20201223_092631.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone with some info on current trail conditions?

I'm not going to bother until Sunday morning, but I'm sure people will try tomorrow. Only the white trail down the middle and the loop around the lake were really packed down on Wed. I wasn't able to get there to ski this morning and it was too warm in the afternoon, so I can't say for sure though.

Was there today on fat and it was fun, kinda like riding a skinny the whole time. I was surprised that I saw several skinny tire bikes during the ride. Fatter is Funner as the saying goes.

i would think you'd need studs today, but let us know! Could be great by the weekend with more fluff coming!

Ice wasn’t really an issue, but I guess everybody and their mom got out on foot in the warm temps yesterday. All of that perfect pack we had before is just frozen foot holes now. It’s rideable, but it’s pretty shitty. I’m sure it would be better on a fat bike.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions