Tourne County Park Conditions

notcho

So why is there such a nice road with nice lots that no one can use? The picnic area has a nice lot but you can't park in it. Almost seems like it could be an ADA thing.
You can park in all lots. The road is blocked in the middle, but there is an entrance on the other side of the park.

You can park in all lots. The road is blocked in the middle, but there is an entrance on the other side of the park.
I'm pretty sure there were two gates, one near the west side lot by the playground / yellow loop and another one from the Mountain Lakes side. (past the horse trailer lot, but closer to the gazebo) Either way, the Mountain Lakes side was closed for repaving so that would have been the perfect time to open the gate from the Western entrance.

stilluf

Rode here for the first time today. Trail conditions were prime! Parked in lot closest to east entrance.
Overall, a fun park with some challenging single track, some double track and fire roads, and plenty of rock gardens. Plus that view from the top of the Tourne (which would be even better if the park cut back the vegetation a bit). Very close to my office so now can add it to after-work rotation.

stilluf

Great trail conditions yesterday morning. Now that I am getting a little more familiar with the park I'm finding some unmarked trails. Some are interesting, some not so much. But overall, this small park has a lot to offer.