Tourn County

N

njrider

I hit Tourn County Park today for the first time, What a place to ride. Although I don't think it was wise to go all the way up the gravel hill and come down full speed ahead, it was not long before I hit what seems to be a drain pipe and went flying over the handlebars, What a blast.....

Bike pictured below before the crash.

Shaggz

A strong 7
it's a fun place. trail conditions were mostly dry, but it was frikkin cold. good to ride off some of the baby weight...

N

njrider

Time

I was there from 3pm to 4pm, split my hand open, riding with no gloves, forgot them at home, will keep them in the car from now on, and yes it was a little chili out there today.

D

DANSPANK

A reply at 3:30 in the morning? Did the baby get you up or had you been out clibbin'?

I was at Tourne last week when it wasn't so cold - bloody great!

Looking forward to the next (really my first) group get together - especially early in the season when i might be able to keep up with you guys!!

N

njrider

time

DANSPANK said:
A reply at 3:30 in the morning? Did the baby get you up or had you been out clibbin'?

I tend to roam around in the middle of the night.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
i love the tourne. it was literally (and I mean literally) in my back yard. i rode there almost everyday last summer. working from home has it's benefits for sure. now, however, we moved (to succasunna) and i'm kinda lost. the work from home thing is biting me in the @ss now. hopefully i'll get some trail time this week...hell, an hour on the bike just pedaling around would be fantastic at this point. i've been in house remodeling mode for two months now.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
bonefishjake said:
i love the tourne. it was literally (and I mean literally) in my back yard. i rode there almost everyday last summer. working from home has it's benefits for sure. now, however, we moved (to succasunna) and i'm kinda lost. the work from home thing is biting me in the @ss now. hopefully i'll get some trail time this week...hell, an hour on the bike just pedaling around would be fantastic at this point. i've been in house remodeling mode for two months now.

It's no tourne but there are trails behind Marty's off of route 10. They go behind the lakes and up towards the Mahlon Dickerson mines. Good for a quick ride and it's pretty close to you.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
behind marty's? by that black river barn place?

btw, did you ever hear back from the town of roxbury on that morris canal park (now it's ledgewood park or something) off of emmans rd?

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
bonefishjake said:
behind marty's? by that black river barn place?

btw, did you ever hear back from the town of roxbury on that morris canal park (now it's ledgewood park or something) off of emmans rd?

I did hearb back but they had no information for me. It's strange that they are in charge of managing these parks and they don't have any information on them.

Yeah, behind the black river barn there is a trail on the West side of the lake that takes you to a sand pit. Head East up the Hill and there are a bunch of trails. It's a tough climb but coming back down is a blast.

I have determined that I can ride almost right from my house to Marty's via trails.

bonefishjake

Team MTBNJ Halter's
i'll have to check that out...and yeah, funny how the town has no information on its' own park.

your situation with marty's is close to the same as mine WAS with the tourne. i could pull my bike out of the shed and get into the trails without ever touching a paved surface. that was killer.

Top Bottom