Toure conditions

TJYeti

Knows about bikes
Just got back from a ride at the Tourne. Had a blast! Conditions were great at 3:15 when I started - hard pack base with a thin packable layer on top. Aired the 2.1 panny fire xc s' down to about 27psi and had at it. At the end of my ride (4:30ish) you could feel the difference in traction - that top layer that was giving such great traction was drying out and freezing as it got colder.Flicked on the lights and headed out just as it started to get dark and started to snow. What a great time!

Glancing Aft

I rode at the tourne after one of the earlier snowstorms this year. I love riding there in the snow, it's a great place for it.

bruce.b

Dickwad
Those were my tracks on the trails. I rode from about 1pm to 3pm. Really excellent conditions today with good traction. Not slippery at all. I was on my '94 titanium Fat Chance set up as a singlespeed.
bruce

Glancing Aft

Ryan and I rode last night (seemed like riders #3 & 4 back there). With the warm temps yesterday the western exposed trails were rather slushy and at times unrideable. Up near the summit of the tourne and the trails running off of it things where still really good and hardpacked. Lets hope it either A) gets cold and the snow sets again, or B) gets warm and melts.
My personal vote is for A) so I can ski too :)

bruce.b

Dickwad
I rode again Friday morning and the trails were firm except for some short sections which were loose but not slushy. I love riding in these conditions. Looks like we'll be getting well above freezing temps for a while so most of it should melt. The only thing I don't want to see is lots of ice.
bruce

Top Bottom