Tour Guide Needed for Wawayanda, Saturday July 21

Hello,

I was thinking road ride for Saturday but my Kona kicked me the other day for not riding it often enough, and I thought I would try riding some new trails instead of the road.

I've hiked at Wawayanda years ago, but am not familiar with the bike trails. From what I understand, new trails have been made and blazed. I am looking for a suitable trail map. If anyone has a good one, please send it my way.

Even better, if some poor soul is willing to show my slow ass around the park, I will gladly give chase.

I live far from the park so a later afternoon ride is preferred. Any interested parties, let me know if you are up to the task of showing Jersey Girl around.

jeffstick

JORBA: Waywayanda
JORBA.ORG
Map

Not sure what distance you want to go at the park but if yougo to our website the map is still there from the race course we ran in May this is about a 6.5 mile loop. There are other routes available also and you can extend this in many ways up to an 18-20+ mile loop. We will be at the park Saturday performing some trail maintenance. the course map can be found here: http://www.blackbearcycling.com/wawa/map0607.pdf
The start area shown on the map is what is known as the furnace area. This heads out what is known as double pond trail through the campground. Go through the gate out of the campground and when you go over the bridge at the bottom of the hill you take a right on to Red Dot trail ( this is blazed). This is the start. Follow map from there.
Some of us might be riding after the TM not sure yet as this depends on how long we are out on the trail.

J

joanqs

I wouldn't mind showing you around but I have a birthday party to go to at some point on Saturday so time is the question. What time would you be able to make it?

By the way, the invisible bike pic. is my favorite. it cracks me up everytime i see it.

I wouldn't mind showing you around but I have a birthday party to go to at some point on Saturday so time is the question. What time would you be able to make it?

By the way, the invisible bike pic. is my favorite. it cracks me up everytime i see it.

I was thinking 11-ish, but my Saturday schedule just took a turn on me so I am back to road ride for now...sorry for the confusion. I will take you up on the offer of a tour at a later date, though, if you are still willing to guide...

And if you think Invisible Bike is funny, check out this one:

InvisRollerCoaster.jpg

For more on this phenomenon, go here: LOL CATS or here: I Can Has Cheezburger?.

I cannot get enough of these!

Last edited:
J

joanqs

I am riding Wawayanda tomorrow with a group of friends leaving around 1:00 from Cherry Ridge. All welcome!!

Top Bottom