Tour De Lake Hopatcong

Had some good fun....

Did the twenty mile tour. Ate a little before, and quite a bit after. It looked like the forty was full of experts and semi-pros. With it's share of fun riders. The twenty was mostly fun folk by the looks of it. However the feller that won was fresh off the Boston marathon so I'm told, a tri-guy in top fitness. There was a few of us who went at it and I was happy to take a medal and a mug.. Good ziti and meatball after. Banana and gatoraid too. I enjoyed the after, good to see familiar faces (mtber's) I haven't seen since last year.

xc62701

I had a blast as well. I was part of the red and blue sea of Bulldog riders, albeit not one of the quicker ones...lol. I was happy to see the lead group until the hills on Weldon. Compared to last year I stayed with the group much longer and hit the hills and everything much harder. I think I was a minute faster than last year but lightyears as far as how I felt on the course. My early season is a lot stronger than last and hopefully should provide a fun remainder of the season. It was good to see so many people out.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
That was more fun than should be allowed. I REALLY need to get up to speed on the DH w/ this road bike thing.

ryderX

That was more fun than should be allowed. I REALLY need to get up to speed on the DH w/ this road bike thing.
That was you attacking less than a mile in ? You crazy bastard, Bob is right about you ! You had us all very amused. Your fanny pack was the topic of the day. Good work, shakin' those roadies up like that. Everyone was wondering who the hell you were and whether or not you could make it stick.
Here's a link to the results:
http://www.njfoplodge78.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Nice win for one of the AO crew. Not Brett, of course. He was there as comic relief I'm sure.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Nice win for one of the AO crew. Not Brett, of course. He was there as comic relief I'm sure.

I shake it up SO they can win. My biggest weakness is that I'm about 500% of the pace when it goes DH. It just terrifies me on that bike. It sucks cause I keep pullin the group back just to watch them disappear on the downhill. Make no mistake, I'm better on the road than mtb.............

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Interesting, since you're pretty careful on the DH on the MTB as well.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Anybody have a GPS of the 20 miler? Tips?
How about a cue sheet?

I want to ride it a few times before I kill myself in the Oct 25 race.
Thanks!

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
Hold off till the end? Check again... :(

Yea, I see that.
I made a promise to myself that if I didn't hammer it today, I'd do this race tomorrow. I did a recovery today....

On the other hand, I didn't promise myself I'd ride in the rain if it was under 50 degrees.

You still up for it?

xc62701

Yea, I see that.
I made a promise to myself that if I didn't hammer it today, I'd do this race tomorrow. I did a recovery today....

On the other hand, I didn't promise myself I'd ride in the rain if it was under 50 degrees.

You still up for it?

I was but I seem to be getting a cold that is kicking my butt. I'm gonna make the call in the morning if I feel ok.

Top Bottom