Tour De Franklin, April 29th

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I absolutely hear you, the longest ride I have ever done was only about half of that, and it was last winter, on my geared santa cruz chameleon at my sisters house on Long Beach Island, which was end to end(18 miles) then back track to her house. There really isnt a much flatter piece of land in NJ. This will be more than I have ever done, but are these things at a casual pace, or do the guys that hammer do so?

All sorts of paces. It's not a race so if you hammer you're just using it as a training ride. There's no winner or anything like that. 62 miles is just long enough to be a 'tweener' distance in terms of effort for many. Some teams/groups will paceline it and try to bang it out really fast. And then some people just do their thing and pull a 12.5 average. When I first started the over/under for me was the 12.5 average for 100 miles. I think my rolling average for my first ended up being 13.3 or so. Overall time with stops just under 8 hours. I was idiotic in terms of bike nutrition and weighed like 70 pounds more than I do now at the time.

walter

Fourth Party
No good for me, the entire weekend we are booked. Saturday night we have an Austism benefit dinner to attend, and the day of the ride we have my wifes best friends daughters christening, so looks like I'm out, hopefully next time.

ArmyOfNone

Ha, thats funny, honestly if it was anybody elses kid I would blow it off(the christening, that is), but my wifes friend has been very kind and generous with our daughter so I gotta do the right thing.

its all about the MBU's. i think thats what norm calls em.

N

Neen

There's also shorter distances you could do. I was considering doing the 40 mile with 2 friends (1 is a real roadie and the other 1 is like me, a mtn biker, sometime roadie out of necessity). Sounds like fun. Go Team MTBNJ! The only thing I couldn't find were the fees - he thought it was $40, goes to the food bank, and theres swag and some type of food (pasta?) after.

Top Bottom