Tour De France 2014

The guy is like 135 lbs. I can't see him cracking his frame by raw power.

Just read he busted his tibia. Broke his leg and rode 20k, animal. Looks like he's out for a while

Just read he busted his tibia. Looks like he's out for a while

i_know_that_feel_bro_by_rober_raik-d4cxn5a.png

In contadors case it would most likely be a fracture since his leg remained intact and he was able to pedal on. I compounded my tib/fib, needed 40 stitches to close the opening up, 1 rod, and 4 screws to put my leg back together and I pedaling a bike in 3 weeks, racing my motorcycle again in 10 weeks.....I would say he is doubtful to be in any kind of racing shape for the vuelta..We'll see, but I would be surprised. Props for trying to ride it out though.

In contadors case it would most likely be a fracture since his leg remained intact and he was able to pedal on. I compounded my tib/fib, needed 40 stitches to close the opening up, 1 rod, and 4 screws to put my leg back together and I pedaling a bike in 3 weeks, racing my motorcycle again in 10 weeks.....I would say he is doubtful to be in any kind of racing shape for the vuelta..We'll see, but I would be surprised. Props for trying to ride it out though.

I think if I saw somebody even try to ride a bike with a compound tib/fib fracture, it would make me vomit.

So ... uhhhh ... Talansky. Kind of reminds me of one of those National Geographic specials where the injured animal is left behind by the herd. His team has totally abandoned him out there. He's DOA. Hasn't exactly been the tour he'd have hoped for, huh?

Last edited:
Yeah. It's Odd as Team Garmin is hammering at the front of the peloton and Talansky is way off the back. Not clear why Garmin is leading peloton in this situation.

RIP Talansky TDF 2014. That will teach ya to not f with the sprints.

Wait, take that back, team tried to make him abandon and he stayed in.

The moment he didn't abandon:

Last edited:
I have the live feed online here at work and every time it refreshes, Talansky's lone icon has fallen even further behind. It's tough to watch for a guy who is a legit top ten GC guy. It makes me wonder: at what point does "toughing it out" become just plain foolish? And I don't mean for the rest of the season -- I mean in a more existential way: if it's clear to everyone including his own team that he's just shoveling sh*t against the tide, is there really any value in continuing? Or is there always going to be a nobility in putting up with the suffering even if means nothing? Or is he thinking that he can recover to maybe eek out a stage win if he feels better later to salvage something from this disaster of a Tour? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

I have the live feed online here at work and every time it refreshes, Talansky's lone icon has fallen even further behind. It's tough to watch for a guy who is a legit top ten GC guy. It makes me wonder: at what point does "toughing it out" become just plain foolish? And I don't mean for the rest of the season -- I mean in a more existential way: if it's clear to everyone including his own team that he's just shoveling sh*t against the tide, is there really any value in continuing? Or is there always going to be a nobility in putting up with the suffering even if means nothing? Or is he thinking that he can recover to maybe eek out a stage win if he feels better later to salvage something from this disaster of a Tour? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

The value in continuing for him is future sponsorship deals. He still really young and toughing it out shows his character.

Great finish today and Sagan pulls a Cancellera where he refuses to pull someone to the line. Exciting final 15.

Talansky's tv minutes are way up!

He was hammered into the ground on the fall in the sprint.

stock going up - esp if he makes time to continue tomorrow. Gotta figured he told the team not to send anyone for him.

Back
Top Bottom