Tour de Ant

A

Ant

I know it's a mtn bike forum but I decided to share the results of my "Tour de Ant" from the last 5 days:

Stage 1 - Did 13.1 miles last night with an average speed of about 13 mph. Top speed was 36.5 mph and slowest was ~ 5-6 mph going up my hill.

Stage 2 - Did 14.8 miles with an average of around 13 or 14 mph. Not sure because I don't know when I left and had to pull over a couple times to make seat and cleat adjustments and to fix my chain. Prob. did it in about an hour or maybe a little more. Top Speed was 40.0 mph and the slowest was again 5-6 mph up my stupid hill.

Stage 3 - Did 20.3 miles on a completely different route with an average of 14.8 mph. A little more rolling rather then huge ridiculous climbs but still very hilly nonetheless. I finally figured out how to use the start stop function of my computer thing so these are averages with stops excluded. Total riding time of 1h 22min. Total time of about 1h 45min. Might have to use tomorrow as a rest/recovery ride day though because my legs are really tired. And the 92 degree heat prob. doesn't help.

Stage 4 - Well, due to being really tired and sore I decided to use this as a rest/recovery ride day. Did 11 miles at a slow 11 mph or so.

Stage 5 - Did 22 miles with an average of 15 mph. Tried a different variation of the Stage 3 route. Felt pretty good too. I guess the recovery ride really helped. Front derailleur shifts like crap though so I had to stop twice to put the stupid chain back on the crank which brought my average speed down a bit.

Total Mileage for the Tour de Ant = 82 miles :D

Niiiiice!!

I want to see these hills! I'm lucky if I see a little over 30mph on my rides. You should have the shop look at your derailler/chain. It should not be coming off like that, that's no good.

That's a quality 5 days of riding!

scubasteve said:
Niiiiice!!

I want to see these hills! I'm lucky if I see a little over 30mph on my rides. You should have the shop look at your derailler/chain. It should not be coming off like that, that's no good.

That's a quality 5 days of riding!

Yeah you should come up for a day of riding. Or I guess I could come down there. I only hit the 40mph once goign down a short steep hill pedaling like a mad man. I already had the shop look at the derailleur about 100 miles ago but I guess it needs to go back. :(

Back
Top Bottom