Total newbie to mountain biking, questions on starting off

O

orly

Hi, first post here.

I'm a total newbie to mountain biking but want to get into the sport.

I was thinking of taking a group of friends either to Diablo or Hunter this or next weekend. All of them are likewise, absolute newbies. I mean, we know how to ride a bike (=P) and have ridden offroad on relatively flat terrain at some point in our teenage years. Are we going in way over our heads?

I'm located in Fort Lee, NJ (probably relocating to Edgewater soon). What other places to ride are there nearby? Is Ringwood the closest place?

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
orly.gif

Welcome....

and yes, Diablo might be too much.....

dirty bert

Banned
Hi, first post here.

I was thinking of taking a group of friends either to Diablo or Hunter this or next weekend. All of them are likewise, absolute newbies. I mean, we know how to ride a bike (=P) and have ridden offroad on relatively flat terrain at some point in our teenage years. Are we going in way over our heads?

not a good place to ride, is yer a newbie. try lewis morris in morristown or head down south to 6mile (probably closer). check the postings, i think there's a bunch of people meeting for a ride. someone will show you around.

~db

Brian Snyder

JORBA "Roaming Gnome"
JORBA.ORG
I would highly recommend joining us at Allaire for the tuesday night beginner rides. Welcome to the group.

C

cwernecke05

hey i am meeting at six mile on saturday at 11 am at the rt 27 parking lot with some other people. bbq and adult drinks afterwards. checke the rides and meetings post 6 mile madness this saturday

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
welcome aboard 6 mile is a great place meet with some guides for the first ride so you can find all the good stuff.
or bop down to allaire tuesday night for the beginner rides also a good time.

Robson

Hi, first post here.

I'm located in Fort Lee, NJ (probably relocating to Edgewater soon). What other places to ride are there nearby? Is Ringwood the closest place?
Ringwood is excellent for any skill level. I'm planning to be there this sunday 8/17/08. We could meet at parking lot C.

wlee

Welcome, my first ride offroad ride was at ringwood and it was a blast but get ready,you will be shot when your done.Great place !

Top Bottom