Top Speed

giff06

On the road tandem chasing a group of friends after being dropped on the climb to the reserviour at Round Valley we maxed @ 63.4 mph spinning out our 54/11. I never looked until we got to the bottom for max speed but did notice 59.8 on the descent so I think its accurate. My stoker wife asked at the bottom"how fast was that?" and when I told her she said that she hoped I enjoyed it as I will neveer get to do it again with her on the tandem.
We have done 32mph at the Clayton hill/descent on the off road tandem. The long wheel base helps stabilize things.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On the road tandem chasing a group of friends after being dropped on the climb to the reserviour at Round Valley we maxed @ 63.4 mph spinning out our 54/11. I never looked until we got to the bottom for max speed but did notice 59.8 on the descent so I think its accurate. My stoker wife asked at the bottom"how fast was that?" and when I told her she said that she hoped I enjoyed it as I will neveer get to do it again with her on the tandem.
We have done 32mph at the Clayton hill/descent on the off road tandem. The long wheel base helps stabilize things.
Ed and Pat Gifford
the Snot Rocket tandem

We have a winner.
I think it would take someone doing 40+ on unicycle to top this.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions