Test Out Your Winter Gear Shuttle / SATURDAY, November 19th

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
It's back for those that missed the ride earlier this year...

TOS Shuttle is a point-to-point XC ride that starts at the top of Skyline Drive in Oakland, NJ. We ride the Ramapo ridge into Ringwood State Park and hit many awesome trails. The ride ends just over the NJ/NY border on Sterling Mine Rd. There will be vehicles waiting to shuttle us back to the start.

This is an intermediate/advanced ride. The first half is very rocky and technical but once we get into Ringwood, the trails get (somewhat) easier. You definitely need to be comfortable on rocky terrain. Although this is not a hammer fest, there will be minimum stops. The pace is steady with a ride time of ~3 hours.

PM or post up if you want in. Vehicle logistics will be figured out closer to the date when we have a solid head count. Hope to see you there!

Date: Saturday, November 19th
Wheels down at 9:00am sharp.

Total Distance: ~16 miles
Total Elevation: ~2200’

Starting Point
Skyline Drive, NJ / Ramapo Lot
GPS: 41.047831, -74.251615

End Point
Sterling Mine Rd. NY
GPS: 41.150534839112375, -74.2377440875972

Last edited:

gmb3

JORBA: Sourlands
JORBA.ORG
Bummer, leading Sourlands TM that day. Will follow in case date gets moved.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
I would love to do this - but not sure my fitness is where it needs to be.
Same - I would love to do this - but not sure my fitness is where it needs to be.
If it makes you feel better, there have been years where I've fallen to the ground cramping in agony while the rest of the riders watched and laughed at me. I was just not in shape for it.

But I always finished with a smile!

icebiker

JORBA: Morris Trails
JORBA.ORG
Been a while since I’ve ridden TOS. Love ‘dem rocks. Consider me a strong maybe. Will firm up closer to date once family calendar is clear

serviceguy

It's back for those that missed the ride earlier this year...

TOS Shuttle is a point-to-point XC ride that starts at the top of Skyline Drive in Oakland, NJ. We ride the Ramapo ridge into Ringwood State Park and hit many awesome trails. The ride ends just over the NJ/NY border on Sterling Mine Rd. There will be vehicles waiting to shuttle us back to the start.

This is an intermediate/advanced ride. The first half is very rocky and technical but once we get into Ringwood, the trails get (somewhat) easier. You definitely need to be comfortable on rocky terrain. Although this is not a hammer fest, there will be minimum stops. The pace is steady with a ride time of ~3 hours.

PM or post up if you want in. Vehicle logistics will be figured out closer to the date when we have a solid head count. Hope to see you there!

Date: Saturday, November 19th
Wheels down at 9:00am sharp.

Total Distance: ~16 miles
Total Elevation: ~2200’

Starting Point
Skyline Drive, NJ / Ramapo Lot
GPS: 41.047831, -74.251615

End Point
Sterling Mine Rd. NY
GPS: 41.150534839112375, -74.2377440875972
Just make sure to include the new Ramapo-Ringwood reroute in the ride, it may be a little bit of an exercise to work it in a one directional route but worth the effort.

w_b

Us fitness not where it needs to be peeps should hook up for another similar, yet less vertical, adventure. An OOS TOSS if you will. I’d be down w dat. If the stars maligned.

Top Bottom