Took my son to Mountain Creek for the first time

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
To say he loved it would be an understatement. By the 5th run he said he was done with cross country and pretty much only wanted to DH. Never did a shuttle run before and was grabbing 5 feet of air on the tabletops (Ego Trip? Deviant?). It was bananas, and given he took his Trance, I was looking for used DH sleds by nightfall. I foresee many weekends in Vernon ahead.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
@NJ-XC-Justin ha, that is awesome to hear. Welcome to the darkside.

If he ever wants to ride with someone, you know who to PM. :) Been riding, building, and coaching there all for the past 14 years.

Thanks my man. Given he races NICA XC, he has racing in his head and would need some coaching if he was serious about racing DH. PM me some info on that and maybe we can do a session or two this summer.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
How old is he. Spent some quality time chasing bike parks with my son with parking lot camping. Plenty of used bikes to get him started out there. Mtbparkspass is a solid buy if you decide to chase bike parks.

Thanks. He's 13. Just started trail riding this past year but this was the first time he truly loved riding. I'll check out the mtbparkspass thing.

Chillydog

You will have to pack up the car and head up north. Killington has a sweet bike park. Plus north of that is kingdom trails and Burke bike park. Plus killington has the bike and beerfest coming they also have a big bike swap that same weekend. Grabbed myself two DH bikes couple years ago.

Top Bottom