Tonight

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Periods of light snow this evening will transition to a wintry mix overnight. Low 29F. Winds SSE at 10 to 20 mph. 1 to 2 inches of snow expected.

Tomorrow

Snow showers before noon. Becoming partly cloudy later. High around 40F. Winds WSW at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of snow 60%. A slushy accumulation of around one inch.

I'm going to kill someone.

mtnbiker5

Yeah I know. 55 degrees by Monday though so it wont last. We're in the final stretch fella's, no worries. Soon enough. Daylight Savings begins next Sunday, March 9th so thats great. More daylight from now on. All we need is 3-5 days of temps in the 50's and we're golden. Been doing a lot of indoor training and pushing iron so I'm ready to kill sh*t now. Stock up on tubes and lubes because the tires will be spinning soon enough.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
A few weeks ago some friends of mine had an indoor century group ride at their house. Did I do it? No way! But judging by the some of the posts on this site, some of you may be disciplined enough to try something like that. I may opt for a domestic triathlon: laundry, house cleaning and hot tub. :D

Only 20 days til spring!

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
20 days....can't wait till then,bike on the back of the car out of work at 4:00 down to allaire.
this cold stuff is getting me well at least I can get some rode in on sunday....

NJMX835

I seriously can't take it anymore, I'm about to crack.

I get the winters blues worse & worse every year, working out & riding the trainer helps as does getting out whenever the trails are rideable, but I seriously question my ability to live in a cold climate much longer.

I guess I better knuckle down & start making that $ so I can afford a winter home in Costa Rica, lol

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I've been on the trainer every night for a week now (watch out Sport 30-34) and I feel strong but my mind is turning to mush. I'd rather be 60 pounds overweight and riding trails than have 5% body fat and cranking out 2hr trainer rides.

Ringwood is getting 5 inches of snow tonight. I think I'm down for an 8AM snow ride.

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
there's nothing wrong with a little snow riding - but it does get old.

i have been yearning for some warm temps - i have spent a lot of time in the climbing gym to keep myself entertained.

but i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. we'll be cranking in shorts soon enough. the winters stink - but there's nothing like a little winter to make you appreciate the summer.

mike_243

JORBA.ORG
just can't bring myself to do the trainer I get in about 5 mins in then the ADD kicks in and I get bored.....

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
just can't bring myself to do the trainer I get in about 5 mins in then the ADD kicks in and I get bored.....

Me too. I'm a pathetic lazemo when it comes to riding the trainer. Maybe we will get enough snow to XC ski this weekend so I don't have to face the trainer.

I go through this every year too. Spring never seems to come soon enough. If I can swing it, I try to plan a trip to AZ around this time, just for sanity.

Hope evryone can find some fun this weeekend.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd

I can't do it either...so I take spinning classes at the gym. Suffering with a group somehow makes it easier...

And considering that I work out of my home, it is the only time I talk face-to-face with other humans other than my wife 'n kiddies...

don

Yeah I know. 55 degrees by Monday though so it wont last. We're in the final stretch fella's, no worries. Soon enough. Daylight Savings begins next Sunday, March 9th so thats great. More daylight from now on. All we need is 3-5 days of temps in the 50's and we're golden. Been doing a lot of indoor training and pushing iron so I'm ready to kill sh*t now. Stock up on tubes and lubes because the tires will be spinning soon enough.

I was just wondering when Daylight Savings falls this year - I'm very happy to hear it's next Sunday! It's staying light out until almost 6 already - so that will definitely make the days feel longer.

BTW, the last 2 sentances of your post really had me laughing.

Myself, think I'm going to bundle up and see how Heartshorne is running in a few minutes. Waiting for it to warm up a bit but want to ride before things start getting muddy.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
I can't believe this thread!! Aside from a week and a half I lost during the AO going out of business ordeal it's been nonstop xc bike /ski, snowbording and road rides.Conditions vary but are great for something almost every day.Yall are depressing...........

mtnbiker5

Well being that this is a mountain bike site and for the most part mountain biking in NJ completely sucks right now I think it is appropriate. I was in waiste deep powder at Snowbird 2 weeks ago and now I'm going to play a few rounds of golf in Cayman so I hear you though. Doesnt get any better than this.

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
fyi, this is what NOAA has to say about the NNJ conditions:

This Afternoon: A chance of snow after 3pm. Increasing clouds, with a high near 28. South wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. Total daytime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Tonight: Occasional snow. Low around 26. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 7 inches possible.

Saturday: Snow showers likely before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. West wind between 8 and 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Top Bottom