Tonight

ryderX

I can't believe this thread!! Aside from a week and a half I lost during the AO going out of business ordeal it's been nonstop xc bike /ski, snowbording and road rides.Conditions vary but are great for something almost every day.Yall are depressing...........
Your make me very ascared. I'm starting to agree with you. I've ridden 2-3 times a week since the 1st of the year. Granted alot of road miles though still riding is riding.
I'm doing an Allamuchy SS ride late tonight, the ground should be frozen solid.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I've ridden outside 2 days a weekend all winter except for 1 day on the trainer when it was raining. Like you, much of it on the road. Overall it hasn't been a bad winter at all.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I am in the same boat, at least two days riding each week and sometimes more...this has been a bad winter for frozen trails, but good weather in general. Mainly road though...

xc62701

Grow some and get out in the nasty stuff. The snow riding has been great this year. You gotta hit it early or let it pack in and it's good to go. Don't let a miserable ride throw off your idea of snow riding. You've gotta let the conditions set up for it. I forget how many days I have riding this winter but it's been a lot. Just get out and have fun. You don't know fun until you endo on bulletproof snow and slide like superman down the remainder of the hill...now that's fun! :D

ryderX

Grow some and get out in the nasty stuff. The snow riding has been great this year. You gotta hit it early or let it pack in and it's good to go. Don't let a miserable ride throw off your idea of snow riding. You've gotta let the conditions set up for it. I forget how many days I have riding this winter but it's been a lot. Just get out and have fun. You don't know fun until you endo on bulletproof snow and slide like superman down the remainder of the hill...now that's fun! :D
I've witnessed his Superman act first hand late one night on Candy Ass. Very entertaining. Almost as funny as watching him claw his way uphill back to his bike !

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
the snow rides have been pretty good this year (when i could get out), but there was a time up in allamuchy when the snow was tough crust on top, soft underneath, and made for some seriously slow going...

but the sourlands were in great shape in general in january and early february when i got out there. i got out once a week almost every week this winter... that's good for me during the winter.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
We have had pretty mild winters the last few years. Remember 03 and 04? We had a stretch in 04 where it did not get above 30 for 28 days straight. The bay at Sandy Hook and the Hudson River froze over. I guess we just need to get out and play and stop procrastinating. :getsome:

lawndart

Shop: Campmor
Shop Keep
PJ Finnigan's

NJXC Justin and RobertG will be pounding down some Smithwicks at PJ's tonight in Westwood. 9:30 til close?

ArmyOfNone

I tried to get on the trails yesterday hoping they would be frozen. Not the case. I had to bail. Today things appear to be much more solid so i am hoping the overnight conditions support whats going on now. Ill take the snow but leave the rain out!

de00304

I've witnessed his Superman act first hand late one night on Candy Ass. Very entertaining. Almost as funny as watching him claw his way uphill back to his bike !

hmmmm......snow ride.....candy ass....late at night.....i have done a bunch of snow rides this season but that sounds hard core!

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
as we did not get any real snow down here in brick I think allaire is going to be the happening place on sunday and monday.
I need to blow out of work at 3:00 on monday and do a ride on the way home...

NJMX835

I rode at Jungle Habitat today, it was good to be outside, but I probably walked at least 60% of the time as well.

By the time I got out there it was about 12:30 & the snow was very soft, almost slushy & it made for very slow going & several front wheel washouts.

Even so, it still beat sitting in the house.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
as we did not get any real snow down here in brick I think allaire is going to be the happening place on sunday and monday.
I need to blow out of work at 3:00 on monday and do a ride on the way home...

You will want to avoid a good part of the trails out there tomorrow, lots of mud at Allaire. Still a lot of rideable stuff, just giving you a heads up.

Top Bottom