Tomorrow is going to be beautiful, any rides?

betta285

Weather channel says 45 degrees and sunny for most of NJ. I'm planning on hitting Allaire around 1. Anybody else getting out to enjoy the heat wave?

Jim

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
might hit allaire tomorrow with my lady for a nice slow paced ride. she hasnt been on her bike in a while so im trying not to kill her. lol.

BiknBen

Yeah, Hopefully won't be too bad but I'm prepared for some soup.

Jim

Thanks for volunteering! See you in March.

463px-2009_tm_schedule.jpg

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
Please stop with the propoganda. I understand both sided of each story, but the park is open sun up to sun down.(Period) Until that changes a more civilized discussion is in order.

I have riden Allaire for 16 yrs and the truth be told - no trails there are trully sustainable, the sand will develope over a matter of time - period. Frank and Atug do a top notch job, but the flaming about people riding ther during the thaw is sickening.

If you want to kick the notion around about damage - Go on any Sunday and preach, but to throw a match at betta about a ride is pure ignorance. I am open to an open or closed discussion about this, but to sit sidelines and watch another flame war here is bullshit.

Grow up.

Last edited:

BiknBen

Geez...I'm too lazy for the lectures and flame wars. I was just Trollin. Looks like I hooked mysef a fiesty fish. :rofl:

FFT, see you on Sunday. ;)

FFT

Gay & Stuffy
I will be there - Look for the disgruntle troll hidding under the bridge. I will say for the fun factor stay away from the coke trail, it was gnarly yesterday; it's the first place to thaw.

betta285

I'm not going to be irresponsibly tearing up the place. I ride there too and respect the trails just as much as anyone else. If riding in a muddy situation is looked so down upon I should be sent to jail for half of the rides I've been on. I'll stay away from what looks damageable and ride the more dry stuff. A wet ride can be done responsibly.

Jim

THATmanMANNY

well on the lighter side of things, I was gonna commute to work today but damn 23 degrees and errand during lunch got me bogged down :( If it stays warm after work, I'll hit the road for a bit. Maybe even a run :cool: damn skippy

Frank

Sasquatch
Betta, FWIW my post was more of a possible conditions than a slam. FFT was pretty accurate in stating that Allaire can be unsustainable, but that doesn't stop us from trying.

BiknBen

Did someone say it was going to be warm today? Brrrr!

I was determined to ride to work this morning. I prepped last night and told myself not to look at the temps in the morning. It was supposed to be 25F.

23 miles and 1:20 minutes later I arrived at work. My cassette was frozen and causing some issues. It must have some moisture it it. When I stopped pedaling, the pawls of the cassette would not engage when I started pedaling again. It was basically freewheeling in both directions. Joy! :rolleyes: Most of the time it started working again after a few strokes. I had to stop twice to jiggle things until it worked.

I coasted across Route 9 as the light turned Red. One foot out of the pedal banging on the seat-stay trying to get things to work. :eek:

Once at work, I checked the weather and discovered that it was actually 19F. Good thing I didn't check before leaving. :rolleyes:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
When I rode in this morning, it was 21 when I left and the thought of 40 degrees made me dress stupid and I was freezing, I only had 6 miles though :D Now I am debatting what to wear for my lunch ride, still only 30 right now, I was hoping for jersey with arm warmers :eek:

BiknBen

When I rode in this morning, it was 21 when I left and the thought of 40 degrees made me dress stupid and I was freezing, I only had 6 miles though :D Now I am debatting what to wear for my lunch ride, still only 30 right now, I was hoping for jersey with arm warmers :eek:

This is one of the things I disliked about winter commuting. You basically need two sets of clothes each day. Trying to find that magical mix of versatile layers is a PITA.

I dressed for the temps around 20F. I will be sweating bullets on the way home. I did bring a scull cap and lighter gloves for the PM ride. I also had a hunch that temps would not get as high as predicted. Then drop sharply as the sun sets. We'll see.

Top Bottom