Todays cond.3/4-for Allaire & 6 mile

bikeboy566

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
Well got out today was out at allaire at noon, not good to much snow not enough grip on tires you ride a few feet then just get stuck. Saw some dudes on snow shoes out there ( they had the right idea) If it gets packed down it wil be good riding.So after that i went over to 6 mile, you can def. ride there theres enough snow to move through but watch out for the ice under snow makes it kinda fun through the turns.I just rode from 27 lot to south middlebush and back made for a great leg work out.If it gets really warm this weekend it going to be a slop fest there.

BiknBen

I was part of a six man crew that rode through 6-mile this evening. route 27 to Middlebush Road is fine. Once you cross over there are much fewer tracks. We were the first MTBers on the new red trail. We ended up using the old Red trail as our escape route back to Middlebush. The Canal side was ridable but just much more difficult. It will be slop by Friday. :mad:

dirty bert

Banned
you need some people to go there with cross counrty skiis to pack the snow down and create a groove for you. suppose to get warm later this week, daylight savings is this sunday!!!

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
off/on topic

did mercer today...first tracks. it was do-able but some spots had snow drifts that washed out the front tire. all in all good for riding

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
did mercer today...first tracks. it was do-able but some spots had snow drifts that washed out the front tire. all in all good for riding

where you the one who rode over the log pile and then turned around and came out of the woods?

I was on the marina side and most place rideable, yes, good? so-so

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
I was on the side with the tight trees. All the logs were covered it wsa fun riding over all them without knowing what was in store 4 me on the other side. Rode for 1.5 hrs. Must have been me. I guess we wre the only ones in there

kush

I was part of a six man crew that rode through 6-mile this evening. route 27 to Middlebush Road is fine. Once you cross over there are much fewer tracks. We were the first MTBers on the new red trail. We ended up using the old Red trail as our escape route back to Middlebush. The Canal side was ridable but just much more difficult. It will be slop by Friday. :mad:

We went 9 miles and it felt like 40!

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/2359933
* note that Garmin Connect finally added export functionality.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
went to baldplate this morning hoping to get a good ride in. even mounted some knobbier tires to cope with the snow. Got 1/4 mile in and the ruts under the snow were so bad that it was basically impossible to ride. Whoever was riding back there before this last snow, was it fun sloshing through 8 inches of mud? Because it sure isnt fun trying to ride through your frozen ruts.

kush

went to baldplate this morning hoping to get a good ride in. even mounted some knobbier tires to cope with the snow. Got 1/4 mile in and the ruts under the snow were so bad that it was basically impossible to ride. Whoever was riding back there before this last snow, was it fun sloshing through 8 inches of mud? Because it sure isnt fun trying to ride through your frozen ruts.

I hit BP 10 days ago. I left nothing except the whoosh of my essence slicing through the morning air. It was a bit existentialistic. And dry.

A couple months ago, I had the same experience as you, someone left ugly deep ruts which were annoying as fvck. Probably same person. Not too many people ride there.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
A couple months ago, I had the same experience as you, someone left ugly deep ruts which were annoying as fvck. Probably same person. Not too many people ride there.

I had the same experience one morning in january, which didnt help my current opinion of the place. :mad:

southernerinnj

I am going to try out Mercer on Sunday if I can talk my wife into letting me sneak out early before my 2 yr old wakes up atleast try the trails. I'll be on the paved paths around noon on saturday because I promised my little girl I would take her there. Well that and I got the wife a day at the spa all day saturday. I really hope the conditions aren't as bad as I expect they may turn out to be.

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
dude stick to the pavement...any dirt will be slop and not a good idea...that place happens to be the worst of all the trails in the area...

Ian F

dude stick to the pavement...any dirt will be slop and not a good idea...that place happens to be the worst of all the trails in the area...

seriously... I've ridden there in drought conditions and still had to ride through mud... Has anyone ever ridden dry trails at Mercer?

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
seriously... I've ridden there in drought conditions and still had to ride through mud... Has anyone ever ridden dry trails at Mercer?

agreed, not a good time to try the trails anywhere.....

mercer dries out in the summer, then you get the skeeters and sand.

Top Bottom