Today at Allaire..

skipper

Ended my ride this afternoon at Allaire around 430pm and saw a group of you guys I have been seeing every now and again head across the street from the Hospital Rd. parking lot onto a nice looking trail. Just wondered how long that trail across the street happens to be and how good it is. I've never ridden it before. I'm the one with a silver Dodge 2500 quad cab and a navy blue Felt hardtail. I usually flip flop between Hartshorne and Allaire.

dualfisted

sorry.......

I can't tell ya cuz yer a flip flopper, haha. Some people consider the trails across the street to be some of the best riding out there. It kinda is. It tends to be a bit more challenging than the parking lot side, with the trails being a bit steeper. There's not as much distance-wise over there, but definately a lot of fun stuff with log crossings, a small creek crossing, a couple small bridges, a couple rideable skinnies, even a teeter totter. However, like most of allaire, it pays for the first couple of rides to go out with someone who knows it well or you'll probably end up doubling back on stuff pretty quickly. Definately worth it as a ride cap off at the end, or if u really wanna get into a tougher ride more quickly. I'm sure others know it better than I, but check it out, it's fun.

skipper

sounds like fun to me.

i like hartshorne for the steeper, more flowy technical trails...but allaire definetly has the distance and is great for a long ride.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
the other side of the rode has a bit of trails like tg aka dualfisted said the main loop circles back to hospital rode at the river trail and has four small stream crossings the first is a wicked downhil to a skinny then three other bridges along the river which are cool then a quick 2 drops the it hooks up to the river trail at the bridge on hospital rode...
of course there are other things to ride such a cool tree and alot of drop-ins there is also a teeter-totter and a pit skill area.
all in all it is a worth the pain ride at all times. I think I just talk myself into it for tommorow nights ride....this is because I fell into the stream 3 rides ago on the second bridge..:)

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
sounds like fun to me.

i like hartshorne for the steeper, more flowy technical trails...but allaire definetly has the distance and is great for a long ride.
wow a driveway is long post.... yes I know no one will get it ... :) it is an ADD thing.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions