To Singlespeed or Not Singlespeed...that is the question....but on the ROAD!!!

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
Lots of replies...cool.

So I think I am sticking with my initial decision and the consensus here. I am keeping it..........for now.

I am going now to Cycle Craft to pick a size.

I was on their website looking for directions and I saw this on the front page

Our trip for "La Clasica Diaz" is under way and Fabian and I, along with his wife, Nery and the Diaz family are enjoying summer in the southern hemisphere. Thanks to all who participated in our Canondale Six13 raffle. We raised enough money to make "La Clasica Diaz" a big success. All of the proceeds will be used for the expenses involved in making the race day possible with any leftover money being used for prizes for the racers. The winner of the raffle was Rogelio Ayala of Caldwell. Follow our adventures on my blog by clicking here. ..CALDWELL...I guess they mean Clifton ;)

Is Brendan MonkeyBoy?

:D:D

Last edited:

Shaggz

A strong 7
brendan is not monkey boy. brendan is ccbrendan.

stop gloating or i will ban you for 7 days out of spite and envy - :getsome: :D

mwlikesbikes

Good for you!

I say keep the bike as is, gears and all. That's a pretty killer machine to win. I think that once you start riding it you'll be glad you kept it.
Just slap an Iron Maiden decal over the C-dale one and it'll be all good! \m/

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
El-z keep that ride, its sick. Ride it like you stole it.....oh wait, you sort of DID!

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
+1 on keeping the ride and keeping the gears. Even if you ultimately don't ride it much, I've found road bikes are always nice to have around.

SS on the road is best left for those who fantasize about going track racing...not that I know anybody like that :eek:

ryderX

I've been riding a Kona Paddy Wagon fixed gear on the roads here in Sussex Co. now for 2 seasons. It's got a ss free wheel hub and and a fixed gear on the opposite side. I dig it for the change of pace it offers. The more the merrier. It's not for every road ride, though it's pretty fun . I did a 5 hour fixed gear ride last weekend and did lots of climbing which challenging but doable, kinda like a ss in the woods. It can be pretty challenging though it's all good. The bike you won is a great ride, you should keep it and ride it. Your buddies are just jealous.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
I've been riding a Kona Paddy Wagon fixed gear on the roads here in Sussex Co. now for 2 seasons. It's got a ss free wheel hub and and a fixed gear on the opposite side. I dig it for the change of pace it offers. The more the merrier. It's not for every road ride, though it's pretty fun . I did a 5 hour fixed gear ride last weekend and did lots of climbing which challenging but doable, kinda like a ss in the woods.
What gear are you running, Kris? I've been doing some of the rolling roads and short hills in the Middletown/Holmdel area with a 42x16 (70"), but I don't know about that gear in the sort of hills you have up north.

ryderX

Chris,
I'm riding a the same as you a 42X16, though tonight I'll be swapping the 16 out for an 17. I'm riding tomorrow and I'm going to attempt Jenny Jump. It should be an interesting mornig.

Top Bottom