TM Mahlon Dickerson: November 9th

Shaggz

A strong 7
The next TM session has been set for Sunday, November 9th. We will be meeting at the Tent Camping area at 8:00AM, and will walk to the work site. We are hoping to finish the reroute and close down the "Wall" this winter and your help with this effort is greatly appreciated.

Please bring sturdy shoes, a drink & snack and a good sense of humor. The Morris County Trails Partnership will be providing tools and work gloves. Plan on a post TM ride :cool:

Please RSVP in this thread or to shaggz at mtbnj dot com, so we have enough tools and equipment for the day.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
I'm in (duh!).

Since the unfinished part of the re-route is pretty well "ran in", I think it'd be a good idea to see if we can get a trail building expert (Jeff, Duncan...) to walk that part of the trail identifying what we need to do to make it sustainable. Working to define the trail is obviously not required.

If we could walk everybody through and say "we need to armor that, bridge that, bench cut that, leave that alone, etc.", we might be able to wrap the lower half up on the 9th with that kind of focus.

What do ya' think?

Stocky

Hey finally a Sunday, I can help.
Only one problem, it's gonna cut into my Sunday morning Mahlon ride .:)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Clocks should be changed back by then, right? Start at 6:00, then ride until about 7:45. Then meet over and the camp area and walk to the site. That's what Bill and I did last time. I plan on being there again on the 9th. See you there!

Stocky

Clocks should be changed back by then, right? Start at 6:00, then ride until about 7:45. Then meet over and the camp area and walk to the site. That's what Bill and I did last time. I plan on being there again on the 9th. See you there!

Good point, we've been starting at 7 due to lack of light .

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Hey, this will be the first opportunity to get free MTBNJ raffle tickets! If you're a registered user and you show up to the TM, you get a free ticket!

I'll be there, as will Steve. But we're not allowed to play. :(

bill-now

Doomed
There is a certain heavy vine on the re-route that needs some quality time with a handsaw. It loops out upon the trail waiting to snag the foot of an unwary traveler. The evidence for the prosecution:

http://blip.tv/file/1424471/

I can hardly wait wait until Sunday to extract my revenge. :D

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
The evidence is clear!
This is a man eating vine.
It tripped you, then tried to wrap you up like a python does its prey.
:p

Shaggz

A strong 7
giving back some love or taking out revenge...whatever it takes :rofl:

thanks for the video! see you sunday

SpartaBard

There is a certain heavy vine on the re-route that needs some quality time with a handsaw. It loops out upon the trail waiting to snag the foot of an unwary traveler. The evidence for the prosecution:

http://blip.tv/file/1424471/

I can hardly wait wait until Sunday to extract my revenge. :D

That is exactly the section we will be working on for Sunday. I am sure we can reserve that stretch of the trail for you to take out your frustrations.

It looks like we need to bring a leaf blower also...:hmmm:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
One more reminder that this is the first TM session where you can get your raffle tickets by being a board member and just showing up.

Also, if anyonei s going and wants a shirt or opener, let either Steve or I know.

See you Sunday!

bill-now

Doomed
Don't let the lack of gloves scare anyone off

I'll toss a couple of extra pairs in my car. See you Sunday.

ellbiddy

Count me in, it's a bit of a ride, but everything local is a sloppy mess at this point. Might as well do some trails some good instead of messing the local ones up.

Go-go gadget road bike!

Edit: Btw since I've never really been to MD, what kind of bike suits this place? I've got everything from a 29er SS to a DH bike (aside from a cross bike, but those are for weirods)

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Edit: Btw since I've never really been to MD, what kind of bike suits this place? I've got everything from a 29er SS to a DH bike (aside from a cross bike, but those are for weirods)

Some would say FS gearie...I say HT SS 29er. As you know the Rig was a little stiff for me there, but you're young--it'll be fine.

Top Bottom