Titus is no longer...

walter

Fourth Party
Maybe Pacific will buy them:rolleyes:

Once mighty brand? While I will say that Titus has made some beautiful bikes, I bet a good amount of people on this sight have probably never seen/heard of them.

Still, bad news.

Last edited:

Glenlivet12

Maybe Pacific will buy them:rolleyes:

Once mighty brand? While I will say that Titus has made some beautiful bikes, I bet a good amount of people on this sight have probably never seen/heard of them.

Still, bad news.

Hopefully someone keeps them alive. Lisa has always said a Titus would be her next bike...:rolleyes:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
Very sad to hear. First my own business and now Titus. I have 3 Titus and love them all. They have made some great bikes. I have been watching this go down over the past 2 months and was hoping it would not happen. :cry:

My only hopes is that someone will bring them back, but in this economy, I wonder if that is possible.

MikeP

Pivot > Titius. That being said, really sucks to see a quality brand that catered to riders of all sizes (a $1500+ frame for the sub 5ft crowd) go out that way.

mwlikesbikes

Crap!!!! I just replaced my '04 switchblade with a moto lite ti. this is my third Titus MTB. How can they let a thing of beauty like this go. :cry:
I'll have to get some recent pics, she's more blinged out now.

Attachments

• fireline 024.jpg
    fireline 024.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 157
  • fireline 021.jpg
    fireline 021.jpg
    361.8 KB · Views: 199
  • fireline 030.jpg
    fireline 030.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 143

Molasses

I feel your pain brother!!

Crap!!!! I just replaced my '04 switchblade with a moto lite ti. this is my third Titus MTB. How can they let a thing of beauty like this go. :cry:
I'll have to get some recent pics, she's more blinged out now.

I am on the hunt for a few extra dropout sets- really just need the driveside- I'll keep you posted if I find any- do you want me to grab some for you if I get lucky? Campmor doesn't have'em by the way...

I own an Eleven.

Mare

I am bummed. They make beautiful bikes and my ti Titus will no longer have its lifetime warranty!! :( Hopefully it will just last forever anyway.

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
FYI, Spicer does reasonable ti welding. I had a crack on my voodoo repaired, as well as disc tabs welded by Spicer. Calfee repairs carbon.

mwlikesbikes

I am on the hunt for a few extra dropout sets- really just need the driveside- I'll keep you posted if I find any- do you want me to grab some for you if I get lucky? Campmor doesn't have 'em by the way...

I own an Eleven.

I had to buy some last winter after a spill in the snow mangled my hanger beyond repair. I found them at Competitive Cyclist.com, they don't just sell the drive side. Somebody out there needs to CNC some after market ones.

TonyC

Might be old news to some.

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/news/newsDetail/4823.html

http://twentynineinches.com/2010/11/23/world-exclusive-report-5-on-one-wheels-forks-and-more/

UPDATE: It is now being reported that Planet X, the parent company of On One, has purchased the Titus Cycles brand and assets. Titus was the North American based company that featured titanium, and titanium and carbon fiber composite designs in 29″er format, as well as 26″ers and road bike. How this might affect the future of products coming from On One is not known at this time, but the future possibilities seem exciting.

mwlikesbikes

Hey, I'm Somebody! As long as you have a spare I can model from ;)
How many you want?

I'd love to have a few, I'm sure there are others here that could use a few. I'm a manual machinist, don't have any CNC skills but I know it's got to be cost effective for you to be able crank out a batch and sell them for a reasonable price. I've only got the one that's on the bike, how long would it take to model? (if you were serious)

Top Bottom