Tires

Shaggz

A strong 7
I need a new set of tires for the jekyll - am running specialized enduro 2.2 now. i love the tire, but need to go smaller because mud and crap build up around the rear tire (wishbone?). looking for a 2.0 or 2.1 for typical north jersey conditions. any reccomendations?

Shaggz

A strong 7
wow - 1.8 in the back?!?!?!?!? Why?

I had a set of the kahisma's on my super V - great tire, but looked gay with a yellow tread. Loved them though

C

CD1134

I haven't yet found the perfect tire. What I can tell you, though, is that I'm running a pair of 2.1 Conti Vapors right now and I'm not too happy with them. As you saw at Lewis Morris, I don't have 100% confidence in them when making sharp turns on a descent. I think I might take Carl's advice and grab a pair of Panaracers - I've heard good things.

E

Evil

I am currently using the Panaracer's and love them, however, be real carefull that the bead is set proprely when inflating them, they seem to roll at lower pressure, I have had a bead pop out once.
I have found that they run better at a slightly higher psi anyway.

M

mike240se

i just bought a kenda kinetic k 2.35 tire for my rear. i thought a larger tire in the rear would be better??? I havent put it on yet though.

C

CD1134

carl said:
I have found for NJ Panaracer Fire XC Pro's work well.. 2.1 in the front 1.8 in the back!

Just saw that PricePoint is running a deal - 2 Panaracer Fire XC Pros for $35. I think I might score 'em.

Shaggz

A strong 7
Thanks for the input. I will check out the deal at price point and will probably score a set!

Shaggz

A strong 7
CD1134 said:
carl said:
I have found for NJ Panaracer Fire XC Pro's work well.. 2.1 in the front 1.8 in the back!

Just saw that PricePoint is running a deal - 2 Panaracer Fire XC Pros for $35. I think I might score 'em.

Best deal on the web. Just placed the order :D

Shaggz

A strong 7
The Panaracer's came in last night and are on the bike for a test run today. $42.21 for the pair (thanks Colin 8) )!

Shaggz

A strong 7
First Ride - tires were great. Really stuck the trail and climbed well. the front gets a litttle squirrely in the loose stuff. I ran them around 37 psi, but will drop it next time.

Top Bottom