Tires

Kirt said:
IRC Mythos- XC tire (I think Performance was giving them away) I had a used pair on a bike I bought & threw them away after 1 ride.

Since I'm sure everyone is on the edge of their seat to hear how my Saga of Tires is going...

I rode with these the last 2 weekends at Chimney Rock. Last weekend it started raining halfway through. I chalked up the poor performance to the rain. This past weekend, with no rain and very little mud on the trails, I have confirmed Kirt's opinion of these tires. Not only do they suck on the climbs, but they suck on the fast descents, with the rear IRC losing traction and randomly washing out slightly on trails that should pose no problem. The front tire - a half worn Specialized Adrenaline - does fine on the same downhills.

Assuming the Cinders come in before the weekend, I'll probably run them for this weekend's Allamuchy race. Maybe not a great idea to go totally blind like that. But I'm not in it to win it. I just need to not be last, something which is entirely possible if you add rain to the equation and I run the IRC on the rear. If not the Cinders, I'll probably throw on the WTBs and run a sub-30 PSI for better traction, since they have the sidewalls to deal.

Norm,

If you need them for this weekend swing by my house I'll give you thoses Fire XC's. Maybe 10 rides on them. If not I'll bring them next Friday. Let me know.

Kirt

Kirt said:
Norm,

If you need them for this weekend swing by my house I'll give you thoses Fire XC's. Maybe 10 rides on them. If not I'll bring them next Friday. Let me know.

Kirt

Kirt,

Thanks for the offer. I'll try to come over this week at some point. Will let you know.

Norm

So I'm checking out universalcycles.com for tires and I see the Kenda Nevegals referred to as the Tomac Nevegal, which I later learned means that they are John Tomac signature tires. Is there a Nevegal for eash of the "personality lines" at Kenda or is that the only Nevegal?

They have the Nevegals for $36 and the Ignitor for $29, which is pretty reasonable for the Maxxis. High Gear sells them for $54 I think.

airbomb cycles has the ignitor for $27 - that is the foldable 2.1, whcih I had a hard time finding. Most sites had them in the 1.9 flavor.

Nice!

I'm considering both the Nevegal and Ignitors. If I get them at universal, I'll get 10% off so it'll come out pretty cheap. But I'll look there too.

FAWK - no wonder it is taking so long to get my order. They have a rep of not keeping the inventroy in stock, and then having it drop shipped from their "warehouse".

Shaggz said:
FAWK - no wonder it is taking so long to get my order. They have a rep of not keeping the inventroy in stock, and then having it drop shipped from their "warehouse".

i tried to buy some stuff from them awhile ago and the shipping on a freakin' chain stay protector was more than the cost of said protector. so i emailed them and a week later they were like 'call us and let's see what we can do'. in the mean time i found it on ebay for $3 with $3 shipping.

Shipping Confirmation

Well, not too bad. UPS delivery date of December 6th, only 9 total days from order date.

Back
Top Bottom