Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Manufacturer: Panaracer
Product: Fire XC Pro UST
How Long Used: 1 Day (25 miles)
Similar Products Used: Kenda Nevegal 2.1 & Nokian NBX 2.1 Tubeless
Overall Rating [1-10]: 9

Positive: Roll extremely fast, turn hard, grips off-camber climbs very well, very stable in loose conditions and gravel

Negative: none yet

Comments: First time on these tires, coming from Kenda Nevegals and I can probably sum up my feelings on these tires by saying I've never been this fast on a bike before. I'm most impressed with their cornering ability. Holy crap it's like I'm on rails. These tires are definitely worth a try!

idbrian

Crotch Rot
I use these tires too and they are pretty sweet. I would add to the positive that these are cheap ($35/pair at pricepoint), and they come in smooth colors.

Jason

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
It was very dry and dusty at the Tourne last night and I was sliding all over the place. Overall still extremely happy with these tires but we'll have to see how they handle the mud and rain.

Glancing Aft

I rode on a pair of these at 24 hours of allamuchy (non UST) and gota say I loved them, thought they handled amazingly well in the mud haven't really ridden them much in dusty conditions yet so can't judge them yet.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
The tires that came on my bike (Specialized Adrenaline I believe) held up exceedingly well on the Allamuchy course this weekend. These tires don't seem to exist on mtbr.com reviews - I don't know what that means. Probably that I got an older model of tire when I bought the bike. Specialized says it's supposed to come with Resolution, which actually isn't all that well reviewed. So I guess I'm happy about the ones that came with the bike. Only downside is that they're racing tires, and the sidewalls are terribly thin. So they're about done now. At least the rear one is.

S

Stan LeCupp

I believe Specialized just renamed the Adrenaline , Resolution(same tire)

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Stan LeCupp said:
I believe Specialized just renamed the Adrenaline , Resolution(same tire)

Ah, makes sense. I'm shocked at what poor reviews the Resolution get on mtbr if that's the case. It makes me wonder what the Panaracers will feel like. The Adrenalines are racing tires, no doubt meant to lighten the overall bike weight for selling purposes. I got the bike in the spring and the sidewalls are showing threads already. But they handle excellently, much better than the WTB Velociraptors I used to run before this bike.

ytc100

The non-ust panaracer fire xc pro continues to be my favorite tire (not that I've tried many). They have great "bite", roll well, and are durable. They don't corner as well as the Kenda nevegals but uphill grip is superior. I've been running the nevegal up front and the fire xc in the rear on my full sus.

Shaggz

A strong 7
scott: will you keep that configuration or go to a fire xc pro front/back? panaracer came out with a new tire called the rampage that is supposed to rival the fire xc pro that i would like to check out.

S

Stan LeCupp

I like the look of the new Rampage tire.Kind of looks like a cross between the fire xc and nevegal.It comes in a 2.3 too.I may give them a try when they come out.

ytc100

I am staying with the setup I have for at least one more tire change (I already have inventory ;)). I've run fire xc front and rear (and do on my ss) which is fine. The nevegal is nicer up front by a little.

I've been thinking about 2.3s for the ss.

Top Bottom