Tires for sand

JonF

I find the Maxxis Forekasters are pretty decent in the sandier soil found in Allaire and points south. Granted, nothing will grip in the loose sugar sand, but if the gound is sandy, leafy or some pine needles, Forekasters work pretty good. They have slightly longer knobs with comparatively wide spacing which makes them grip and shed in loose soil conditions and any tire like that would also be a good match. They're not too burly so they roll pretty well and are about average in weight. Would classify them as a lightweight trail/burly XC tire.

qclabrat

I find the Maxxis Forekasters are pretty decent in the sandier soil found in Allaire and points south. Granted, nothing will grip in the loose sugar sand, but if the gound is sandy, leafy or some pine needles, Forekasters work pretty good. They have slightly longer knobs with comparatively wide spacing which makes them grip and shed in loose soil conditions and any tire like that would also be a good match. They're not too burly so they roll pretty well and are about average in weight. Would classify them as a lightweight trail/burly XC tire.
I put this in the fatbike section, but should have clarified in the body for beach riding. Currently using FBF/FBR for 27.5 and Lou/Buds for 26. From what I've read their both too aggressive for sand and will dig too much. Trying to avoid that Velcro feel

JonF

Ahh, totally missed that critical part. :smh: 🤣

You definitely need a rear paddle for those hole shots to the ice cream stand.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
HuDu 4.8s all day. If you find any let me know, I've been looking for 2 years for another set 🤣

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I was about to make this same post for non fat tires…. Just moved to South Carolina and my backyard trails are a mix of deep sand and pine straw. The sand is like riding in 4” of unpacked snow and the pine straw is like cornering on ice. Jersey winters have trained me well but there has got to be a better tire.

qclabrat

I was about to make this same post for non fat tires…. Just moved to South Carolina and my backyard trails are a mix of deep sand and pine straw. The sand is like riding in 4” of unpacked snow and the pine straw is like cornering on ice. Jersey winters have trained me well but there has got to be a better tire.
What are you riding now?

Top Bottom