Tire name??

Wobbegong

Hey J, How did you get this whole thing going? Pretty cool!

I like the name Devil, as in the NJ Devil.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Hey J, How did you get this whole thing going? Pretty cool!

I like the name Devil, as in the NJ Devil.

Hutchinson USA is based out of Trenton NJ. I have become very friendly with the US guys and they got me in touch with the guys from France. The head guy was in the shop last week and he saw than I had a pretty big mt bike tire collection. He asked me if i would be interested in doing some testing for them... of course I said yes.

They also gave me some tubeless road tires which I am very excited about. If 1/2 of what I have read about them is true than they should be awesome. I should have some Dura Ace wheels soon to test them on. As of now they are the only wheels that work with them.

j

jdog

Shop Keep
Not the Barracuda, but the Piranhas were atrocious...

I actually dig the Piranhas as a front tire. I found it a bit squirrelly until I lowered the pressure. It is a great dry conditions tire. The 2.30 version in tubeless is pretty sweet.

In all seriousness if you have a Hutchinson Product that you are not happy with I can definitely have them swap it out for another tire. That is why I like dealing with them, they do stand behind their products.

Being that they are in NJ the shipping will be cheap enough and hopefully worth it.

let me know.

j

walter

Fourth Party
Hutchinson USA is based out of Trenton NJ. I have become very friendly with the US guys and they got me in touch with the guys from France. The head guy was in the shop last week and he saw than I had a pretty big mt bike tire collection. He asked me if i would be interested in doing some testing for them... of course I said yes.

j

thats weird, you would think with them being local there would be so many local shops with Hutchinson flowing out the doors

jdog

Shop Keep
Any word on the 29er python???

yeah. It will be UST / Tubeless ready. This means that the bead will work with the 29" Mavic wheels that will be out mid summer. It will only be tubeless if you run the liquid Protect air inside. If you don't want tubeless just run a tube. This is a good setup since the sidewalls are much tougher than a regular tire yet lighter than a regular UST. Since I always run goo in my ust's anyway I think this is great!

This tire should show up in May-June.

A 2nd TBA 29er tread is also in the works. They were going to have the 29ers made in the far east but they changed their mind and the will be made in France. This makes them a bit more pricey but I think it will be worth it.

BTW I rode the Piranhas today at Allaire and they were perfect, fast rolling with good cornering knobs...to each his own I guess.

j

anrothar

entirely thrilled
jamis is local too. same situation. wonder if they tried taking a huge interest in the statewide cycling community and had it backfire....

bobkennelly

yeah. It will be UST / Tubeless ready. This means that the bead will work with the 29" Mavic wheels that will be out mid summer. It will only be tubeless if you run the liquid Protect air inside. If you don't want tubeless just run a tube. This is a good setup since the sidewalls are much tougher than a regular tire yet lighter than a regular UST. Since I always run goo in my ust's anyway I think this is great!

This tire should show up in May-June.

A 2nd TBA 29er tread is also in the works. They were going to have the 29ers made in the far east but they changed their mind and the will be made in France. This makes them a bit more pricey but I think it will be worth it.

BTW I rode the Piranhas today at Allaire and they were perfect, fast rolling with good cornering knobs...to each his own I guess.

j
What about the JDAWG...!!!

Nimrod

I actually dig the Piranhas as a front tire. I found it a bit squirrelly until I lowered the pressure. It is a great dry conditions tire. The 2.30 version in tubeless is pretty sweet.

In all seriousness if you have a Hutchinson Product that you are not happy with I can definitely have them swap it out for another tire. That is why I like dealing with them, they do stand behind their products.

Being that they are in NJ the shipping will be cheap enough and hopefully worth it.

let me know.

j

I'm running the Hutchinson Scorpions now (tubeless).

Rolls fast and grips realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly well.

What do they have for fast hard pack?

Top Bottom