Tire Clearance for 28mm on 2016 Allez Elite DSW

iman29

Hey All,

Looking to see if anyone in the NNJ area has any 28mm road tires laying around that I could test fit on my backup road bike? The bike comes with 25s but with all the variations on different manufacturers specs, when you actually mount them and air them up the width and height tends to vary slightly. Prefer ones that are not worn to shit and I can give it back if its your space/backup tire stash.

The thought behind this is I could potentially join up with some folks on some tamer gravel rides and not get jammed up with crap in the brake/fork bridge. I have ridden the bike as is on the Columbia Trail a few times with tubes and been fine, but if I can run less tire pressure with bigger tires would be a bit better.

Bike seems to have enough clearance right now with 25 cm Conti Gatorskins mounted but before I buy anything would like to test a few different combinations.

And yes I know n+1 is the better answer, but can't swing that right now. although I have mapped out the idea of selling this bike to fund a basic gravel bike which can be used for trainer/ off season road/gravel rides by having 2 sets of wheels.

Here's the exact bike I have for reference/specs:

Thanks in advance.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
If you really need to test and it’s 100/130 QR, I have 28’s on my road bike. Not getting rid of the tires and don’t feel like pulling them off, but you can test fit the entire wheel. Vittoria somethings. I’m in Mahwah, NJ.

iman29

If you really need to test and it’s 100/130 QR, I have 28’s on my road bike. Not getting rid of the tires and don’t feel like pulling them off, but you can test fit the entire wheel. Vittoria somethings. I’m in Mahwah, NJ.
thanks! I will keep this in mind if I don't figure out something closer to home.

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
Maybe you can give a picture of the cleanable now?

I had clearance for 28s on my old road bike. But barely. I can ride gravel but dry. Anything wet things get stuck between the brakes and wheel.

iman29

Maybe you can give a picture of the cleanable now?

I had clearance for 28s on my old road bike. But barely. I can ride gravel but dry. Anything wet things get stuck between the brakes and wheel.
yeah i will have to take off the trainer wheel later and put the one on i use outside to show it better.

Top Bottom