Ticks

rick81721

Lothar
My google history definitely includes “states without Lyme disease “.

Pretty much only a major problem in North East US. Very rare in the south. Out of curiosity, I checked out our current county in FL vs NJ - Sarasota county had 121 cases from 2000 - 2020. Hunterdon county had 7171 over the same 20 years. Taking into account population size, prevalence in our previous NJ county was 200 times higher.

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Pretty much only a major problem in North East US. Very rare in the south. Out of curiosity, I checked out our current county in FL vs NJ - Sarasota county had 121 cases from 2000 - 2020. Hunterdon county had 7171 over the same 20 years. Taking into account population size, prevalence in our previous NJ county was 200 times higher.
Yep for sure the north east is way worse. I was just trying to paint a dire scenario because it fit my narrative. :)

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Found two embedded on me this weekend. Spotted one Friday on my calf. The second fucker I found on my bicep Saturday.

Bicep has a nice red spot. Doxy started this morning. 😣

serviceguy

Numbers are determined by the reporting, keep in mind that red necks mistakenly confuse ticks for beauty marks...

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Found two embedded on me this weekend. Spotted one Friday on my calf. The second fucker I found on my bicep Saturday.

That sucks. How long will you take the dox?

mtn

Did you pull them out and send them to ESU ticklab?

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Did you pull them out and send them to ESU ticklab?
IMO a complete waste of time. Ticks can have Lyme and you might still not contract the disease. Some “experts” say they have to be latched for more than 12 hours. Some say you can contract Lyme within only a couple of hours. Current Lyme tests are highly inaccurate, so what’s the point of knowing if your tick is carrying the disease? Unless you’re showing symptoms, it’s a crap shoot whether you should take meds or not.

zmartene

IMO a complete waste of time. Ticks can have Lyme and you might still not contract the disease. Some “experts” say they have to be latched for more than 12 hours. Some say you can contract Lyme within only a couple of hours. Current Lyme tests are highly inaccurate, so what’s the point of knowing if your tick is carrying the disease? Unless you’re showing symptoms, it’s a crap shoot whether you should take meds or not.
This is exactly why I don't test ticks when I pull them off my patients. Take the doxy and pray.

Top Bottom