Tick Season???

Frontline (with Fipronil) is the best thing for four legs, and most bug juices use DEET for the bi-ped types. My wifes mom sells Avon and swears by skin so soft ( there are a couple of different kinds,water resistant with sun screen, with picaridin, etc..)

Skin SO Soft does work to fend off mosqitos but does it STINK...Man it's to strong.....

Skin SO Soft does work to fend off mosqitos but does it STINK...Man it's to strong.....

i got a tick last march, the wifey found him on my back, half embedded. normally i use OFF, the Deet version, i stock up on it and keep them in my trunk. always have enough for friends to use. also they sell wipes and i keep them in my pack for when they get to be a pain on the trails. i just never thought they be already out in march, now i know.

This reminds me of my vet. tech. days.....

Frontline is great stuff. Once absorbed into the skin (if I recall correctly, it goes into the sub-q fat layer and isnt detected in the bloodstream after application), it cant be washed off, you only need to avoid water for the first few days after application. Its applied directly to the skin by parting the dogs fur and applying to the exposed skin. For bigger dogs the dose of liquid is bigger, so use a longer part in the fur. I've put this stuff on hundreds of dogs at the hospital and only saw one reaction and it was a small rash that went away and didnt happen again.

Its good for fleas for 3 months and ticks for 1 month. I found that an application every 5 weeks works best. Use it year round. As others have said, there is no tick season in NJ, its always tick season. If a tick finds his way on the dog, it wont bite and you may find an occasional dead tick in the house.

I use OFF, bu the outdoor camping kind...Not for nothing but it works very good....DO NOT GET IT ON YOUR FACE....I made the mistake of walking behind a budyy while he was putting it on and got sprayed...When the sweat poors opened up...."THE BURN!!!"...Anyhow I just sprayed my clothing in layers in case I peel...Don't forget your backpack...

DEET works as an evaporation process from your skin doesnt work if you sprayed your clothes. Use Permethron if you want to spray your clothes or packs. That stuff will KILL any insect that lands on your clothes.
And yes if you put it on around your face keep it away from your eyes and mouth and wash your hands before you touch anything edible. Put some around your neck and behind/below your ears.

Back
Top Bottom