Thursday morning hill training (road)

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
For anyone interested in doing some hill work, I'm doing a ride on Thursday mornings through the Watchungs...We meet at my house in Piscataway at 9am...Ride is about 2 hours, "A" pace...Concentration is on climbing intervals, re-group/recover on the way to to get ready for the next set...Let me know if you're coming and I'll shoot you directions...

-Jim.

Last edited:
F

FallGirl1430

Drats

Hi Jim,
I wish I could ride with you guys, lord knows I need hill work. Do you ever go on Saturdays from Piscataway?
Fallgirl :)

ArmyOfNone

For those non A listers, could you post up the route? Im pretty close and could love another route.

Thanks Jim!

Steve Vai

Oh and Christina, I do ride on Saturdays, but I need to be at work by 8:30-9am for a staff meeting so if you don't mind getting up early and riding back alone I'd be more than happy to show you at least a few climbs to get you started...

-Jim.

dhsean

It's On!

I'll be there thursday. You want to leave from the your house or the shop? I can swing by and pick you up on the way to the shop. Then we can get some more ride time and get back to the shop in time.

Steve Vai

Yo son...If it's just going to be the two of us, it'd be easier to meet at my house...We could do the old Thursday loop, that should get me to work on time...It's on:getsome:

-Jim.

dhsean

This weekend?

Since we are all here - what is the plan for this weekend? Saturday, Sunday, I'm in for both days. Will Patrick come out? I haven't seen you on the trails since last year. Chris on the singlespeed or will I be stuck riding with Jim again? I need to chase someone else - you loose motivation chasing the same person every week.

Hope to see you all out there this weekend.

PatrickBrown

Since we are all here - what is the plan for this weekend? Saturday, Sunday, I'm in for both days. Will Patrick come out? I haven't seen you on the trails since last year. Chris on the singlespeed or will I be stuck riding with Jim again? I need to chase someone else - you loose motivation chasing the same person every week.

Hope to see you all out there this weekend.

I'll be replacing a timing belt and waterpump on an audi S4 in the garage, installing an exhaust system on a big turboed jetta, and then painting the bedroom that we are converting into the nursery for my lil boy who is on his way to us soon.

as if I wasnt busy enough lol, but I need the money with the wife now on bed rest

hopefully see you guys soon.

Steve Vai

Don't be afraid to come along, it's not as bad as it sounds...Here are some stats from today's ride...

mileage-30.10
time-2.01.54
avg speed-14.9

And for fun here's some training info...

avg watts-196
max watts-1020
avg hr-133bpm
avg cadence-74rpm
kilo joules-1236

All in all, it's pretty ok for this time of year and this part of my base training, as the season progresses and we get into the intensity part of the program, these numbers go way up...

PS-There is talk of a small group from the shop hitting Hartshorne Sunday...I'm by myself on the road Saturday mornings...

PPS-I hate that I work on the second floor, the stairs hurt today!!

-Jim.

Last edited:

dhsean

The preseason training pace gave me a chance to catch up to Jim and even lead a little at my own pace instead of chasing the whole time. I'm pretty sure my average heart rate was higher but I can't get any heart rate monitors to last more than a few weeks so who knows.

Is Sunday going to be a death match bleed from the nose ride? :drooling:

F

FallGirl1430

Thank you Jim

Jim thanks for the reply, I'll let you know about the Saturday am rides, it would be fun ... mind if I bring a rope? :scared:

Fallgirl :p

PatrickBrown

The preseason training pace gave me a chance to catch up to Jim and even lead a little at my own pace instead of chasing the whole time. I'm pretty sure my average heart rate was higher but I can't get any heart rate monitors to last more than a few weeks so who knows.

Is Sunday going to be a death match bleed from the nose ride? :drooling:

Sean, when was the last time you spoke to Jay from PA? last time I spoke to him was when you and I went out there back in old days

Pat

Steve Vai

Weather looks ok...

It seems like this ride is happening this week if anyone's down:getsome:

-Jim.

dhsean

I'm in along as there isn't too much snow and ice from tonight. Otherwise I may go "FREERIDE" :rofl: with the Heckler on the snowy trails.

Top Bottom