jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Terrain: Rolling To Moderately Hilly.
Go even if snow predicted.

My loop is short and sweet, we can do some single track if you know the way

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/7317505

Meet: Ryerson School at 6:15 PM.
Address: 130 Valley Ringwood, NJ.
Direction: Greenwood Lake Turnpike to Skylands Road. At the first intersection, make right (Cupsaw Ave.), then a quick left on Bear Mtn. Rd. Make a right at the end of the block (Valley Rd.) and the school will be on the left. Park on the right side of the building.

post back or pm if intersted, so i remember to show up

Last edited:

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
The Ride is Still on for tonight Thursday, dececmber 8, 2009 6:15 pm ringwood ryerson school

please post back if your thinking about showing up. the touring club, is having there y.i.r. tonight in ridgwood, no doubt i'd rather take the mtb for a quick spin then eat stale holiday cookies

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Just a heads up, Ringwood is covered in ice.
thanks for responding

i am almost tempted to go for a run at the county park instead, but i feel like heading up (to ringwood) anyway, 1/2 my loop is shepheard lake rd, maybe i'll just bike or run that 1/2 and double back, the past two nights i shlepped up there on thursday nights it was rainy and icey and i actually saw accident on skyline drive in front of mickey d

i won't try and run and bike the dam loop tonight, maybe sunday, from what they say, it must be too icey to x-c, but maybe a bit of snow on saturday? i dunno, i been x-c 4 times already this winter, and thats 4 times more then the previous 20 years

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
ice ice baby

tonights ride went as advertised

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/episode/view.do?episodePk.pkValue=7416885

the conti 2.4"s were no match for ringwood's ice trails
p_00005.jpg

i think, that google maps thinks this is a continuation of shepherd pond rd, i cycled around the lot, this trail was the only thing i saw, yet on motion based it does line up with where i was standing when i took the pic
p_00007.jpg

Last edited:

pixychick

JORBA: Ringwood
JORBA.ORG
yeah, I can't even imagine trying to walk on the trails. Even with studs, I felt like I was riding like on eggs. Quite a different world out there.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
yeah, I can't even imagine trying to walk on the trails.
the ice was slipperyier than an ice skating rink. with the snowfall eminent, maybe x-c will be an option for sunday. hopefully its a significant amount to cover that dreaded sheet of ice

p_00010.jpg

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
earlier time

it looks like ringwood may very x-c friendly sunday

however, i believe i may head up there earlier than original posted

btw: i did i nice 2 song set of dad gad tunes on the guitar, i imported into flash but the sound didn't come through ( for the better )

back in the day i did lay down tracks from severl instruments on my tascam porta one, since things have gone digital, i can have lost track

post back if you want to x-c, btw, folks are heading up to high-point, for me, i think ringwood will do

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
it looks like ringwood may very x-c friendly sunday

post back if you want to x-c, btw, folks are heading up to high-point, for me, i think ringwood will do

Where do you XC ski at Ringwood, is there enough snow? I'm looking for some flat terrain to XC.

jkmacman

Complete Nonsense
Where do you XC ski at Ringwood, is there enough snow? I'm looking for some flat terrain to XC.

here below is the link to the path i took the last time i cross country skied at ringwood, i parked at shepheard lake, near the picnic tables, they plowed better there that at the trail head, another older dude was just finishing his skiing for the day, so i was in luck to have hills tracks to get me started as I skied from the boathouse all the way around past the ruins, lot c and skylands manor, most folks probably wouldn't ski up on the shoulder of the road, but i like the full loop instead of doubling back, oddly enough there was enough snow to ski except when i got back to shepherd lake the little road that goes up to the rifle range was completely free of snow.

be that as it may, i whimped out yesterday, since by the roads looked too icey, and last thursday night i went to ringwood, and it was pure ice. that being said, i did see some pics of hikers in ringwood yesterday, and it looked like there might have been just enough snow for x-c. gssc went to darlington golf club and or high point, i prefer to be in the woods than ski the golf course

Top Bottom