Thudbuster LT

PTB66

I'm looking into one of these and wondering if anyone has any experience with it. Did a search here and came up with nothin. This will be going on a Cannondale 29'er One. I Just need something to take a little strain off my back.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
I have one on my rigid SS. Works great, more than just taking the edge off. I tend to sit thru rocky sections where I should be standing. On my F29 one, I use a Moots Ti post. The front suspension combined with a long Ti post (and large tires at low air pressures) makes for a comfortable ride.

The 2009 Cannondales are coming thru with such narrow tires, I couldn't comfortably ride them any place rocky.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
seems lie a really cool idea. especially for those of us cant afford a full suspension bike. granted its not going to BE the full suspension feel, but none the less a nice contrast.

Mike679

I have had one on my old hardtail for 5 or so years now. Definitely a good product. I snapped the seatclamp bolt on my first one and Cane Creek sent me a brand new post that week. The linkage design works very effectively as opposed to the telescoping posts which I have also tried.

I wouldn't equate it to riding a full-suspension bike, but it does make for a more comfy ride.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I have one on my rigid SS. Works great, more than just taking the edge off. I tend to sit thru rocky sections where I should be standing. On my F29 one, I use a Moots Ti post. The front suspension combined with a long Ti post (and large tires at low air pressures) makes for a comfortable ride.

The 2009 Cannondales are coming thru with such narrow tires, I couldn't comfortably ride them any place rocky.

This is BS btw.. The 09' 29er 1 I just built has Speed King 2.2's that look like 1.85 tires.

NO one is going to be running these in anything but super dry summer conditions. You will also need to run higher pressures to avoid denting the rims.

We will have a bunch of these tires hanging around I bet.

Bike N Gear

Shop: Bike N Gear
Shop Keep
This is BS btw.. The 09' 29er 1 I just built has Speed King 2.2's that look like 1.85 tires.

NO one is going to be running these in anything but super dry summer conditions. You will also need to run higher pressures to avoid denting the rims.

We will have a bunch of these tires hanging around I bet.

Those tires will actually fit on some of the Specialized hybrids. I can sell them to customers who want a bigger tire for the tow path.:confused:

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
What a joke.

It is all about the parking lot test ride. They make the bike "feel" faster in the lot but they can't be good in the woods.

tim.stevens

"It is all about the parking lot test ride. They make the bike "feel" faster in the lot but they can't be good in the woods."

Didn't Cannondale have the opposite problem with the Prophet? They came with slow, sticky 2.3 Maxis High Rollers that were terrible in the parking lot but better on the trails....especially rocky trails.

Tim.

Top Bottom