Throwback Thursday- Cleaning out the shop- HT Frames, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

w_b

'Guess the Number" was fun. 13 shoulda won. Inspired me to jump in.

Here's more free frames up for grabs. Or at least a good laugh.
As a first step to migrating my bike collection to the current century, the boss says clean out the shop. Yup, full of old stuff I will never use. Maybe nobody will ever use. You tell me. All 26":

SPOKEN FOR DB Sorrento-Large, wow, in a galaxy far, far away, this was the bike I got back into MTB with. Steel is real. This is way old. Biopace old. Fluorescent yellow too.
GONE Barracuda A2R- Medium, also real, was light and fast. Fit me better than Ol Yeller, and was a great Budget Bike (yup Eatontown.)
SPOKEN FOR Mongoose Rockadile -Medium, polished al-u-minium beauty, oh my. King of the 90's. This frame was too cool for school, still a lil chilly.

Pretty sure they all include BB, seatpost, and maybe HS. The Sorrento not only has the original steel fork, but also the Biopace crankset. Can't find that everywhere earthlings.

I promise, if you guys don't take them, I'll get them to SLB one day; I just can never seem to get there.... Maybe stop by there on New Bike Day.

Last edited:

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
DB Sorrento-Large, wow, in a galaxy far, far away, this was the bike I got back into MTB with. Steel is real.

Lol, I have a blue Diamondback Sorrento in my basement. Gotta be a '92 or '93.

Reactions: w_b

Dave Taylor

Rex kwan Do
Diamondback Sorrento was my first real Mtb. I built that cheap ass frame up with all Rincon, Avid, Gripshift, Controltech etc. Black with yellow writing.

jklett

I am seriously interested in the A2R if you were still getting rid of it. It will get ridden.

Fire Lord Jim

I volunteer at the Mercer County Boys & Girls Club bike exchange. We get bikes with bent or broken frames, and we need good frames to transplant parts onto. We still sell 26" wheel bikes. We would be happy to take what you can give.

w_b

I volunteer at the Mercer County Boys & Girls Club bike exchange. We get bikes with bent or broken frames, and we need good frames to transplant parts onto. We still sell 26" wheel bikes. We would be happy to take what you can give.

Fire Lord, @jklett has requested the A2R. I can give the Sorrento and the Rockadile. LMK if/when you are near Highland Park/ Edison/ area; or we can figure out mule train-/skateboarding-/bike across America- with frames options if need be.

w_b

lock it up, an added bonus was cleaning up the shop a bit to reach the frames. WIN WIN WIN
nice meeting you Jay; talk soon. Thinking Jacques may not be the best place to park for that ride winkwink.

me and Jim will make some plans to meet as well. I'm moving along on the plan for NBD. Kids' old 18"ers and the DH bike I don't ride anymore are next.

Thanks for playing. Stay tuned for the next adventure.

59113550518__1C8697F7-B7A0-4949-9EE2-FBAF315D6C2B.jpg
IMG_3783.JPG
IMG_3780.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom