Thoughts on a new ride

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
I bought a Titus Racer X last year and can't rave about it enough. MTB Action magavine loves it to. Everyone I know that has purchased the bike[even hard core expert racers on a new bike each season] love it. The only reasons any one has sold theirs has been to buy another [carbon]. Try Campmor in Paramus, theyl hook you up [yes my sponser].

Jeff - do you have a blue ano RX?

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
This is getting serious. I have a Klein Adroit, Trek EX9, Fisher Rig (thats a 29er Jake), an older Schwinn Homegrown Team. But I will really be treating this new machine to races and pre-race rides. All this new ammo will require some research. I almost pulled the trigger on the fisher procaliber... good thing I didn't. I will do some ckecking on the suggestions.

thanks for all the great feedback.

walter

Fourth Party
Bill, you and I are roughly the same height, if you are interested, I may have a Cdale F29 for sale size large, pretty tricked out at about 25 pounds. Could easily be made quite lighter with a few more bucks. Let me know, that goes for anyone else as well.

walter

Fourth Party
WHAT?!?! your selling it walt?

I am considering selling it. It is going to be several months before I am back on a bike again. I see being on the roadie first, then the dirt. I just see injury wise me not being on the dirt the rest of the year.

If this was a self attained injury, I wouldnt give a rats ass, but since it is work related, I am playing by the rules.

Do I want to ride, you bet.
Can I ride, probably
will I, no.

M

mtbjeff

walter, I'm in the same boat,injury, no dirt for a while, first road. Broke my femur skiing, what did you do?

graveyardman67

Team MTBNJ Halter's
After further review... Titus Racer-X Carbon, Fisher Procaliber, Turner Nitrous (they will make it if you ask - I called them), Specialized S-Works, Scott Spark (ltd is $10k - ouch, maybe the 10). The Ellsworth (is beautiful) but seems to be more all mountain focused.

Now I just have to wait to hear Norms next big idea.:hmmm:

walter

Fourth Party
Bill, I *think* the Nitrous has a specific rider weight limit. I don't know much about it but I believe I read it somewhere.

Fogerson

Former Resident Nerd
Bill, I *think* the Nitrous has a specific rider weight limit. I don't know much about it but I believe I read it somewhere.

Yup, 165 lbs is the max for a Turner Nitrous.

The Flux has no such restriction and weighs "just" 3/4 of a pound more than a Nitrous.

Top Bottom