Thoughts on a Fatback Rhino?

I think the Rhino is Fatback's only aluminum framed bike. The geo looks closer to my Skookum (a "trail-oriented fatbike") than the Corvus, which, if I'm not mistaken, is their longer chainstayed snow bike. JimV would know best, of course, but I think some of Iditerod Trail Invitational participants (especially those from Alaska, with Fatback being based in Anchorage) ride a Corvus.

Considering getting one?

Rhinoceruses don't play games. They f*cking charge your ass.
animals-rhinoceros-rhino-charge-charging-credit_cards-nfkn2091_low.jpg

I think the Rhino is Fatback's only aluminum framed bike. The geo looks closer to my Skookum (a "trail-oriented fatbike") than the Corvus, which, if I'm not mistaken, is their longer chainstayed snow bike. JimV would know best, of course, but I think some of Iditerod Trail Invitational participants (especially those from Alaska, with Fatback being based in Anchorage) ride a Corvus.

Considering getting one?
Which size are you riding on the Skookum?

Went with propulsion rear and cornering front for the Bud/Lou's. Should the front also be propulsion for snow rides? These are only on 80mm rims and look skinny. Will eventually need to spring for a set of 90mm carbon and 100mm for snow. Money's tight this year as I need a new car in the Spring
IMG_20191218_075629.jpg

Went with propulsion rear and cornering front for the Bud/Lou's. Should the front also be propulsion for snow rides? These are only on 80mm rims and look skinny. Will eventually need to spring for a set of 90mm carbon and 100mm for snow. Money's tight this year as I need a new car in the Spring
View attachment 113695
That’s how I have mine setup, but on 100mm rims for the winter.

I don’t think there are many (any?) alternatives in aluminum. You could try Googling “Blizzerks” (sometimes referred to as “Alex Blizzerks” to see if they sell 100mm rims, but I think they max out at 90s. They are tough to source, also, is the comments that I’ve seen are accurate.

Back
Top Bottom