This work thing blows......

dualfisted

After 9 months of being a slacker and living off my savings, I started training at my new job today as an armed security officer at Oyster Crick. Until I get done with training 8 weeks from now, this is seriously going to cut into the five days a week of cycling I had been doing. The bonus is, I'll be makin' good money and once training is over I'll be working 2 days on, 2 days off, with a three day weekend every other week. BUT, until then, I'm hatin' it!!!!!!! TJ

ArmyOfNone

GL w/ getting through and the new gig. Youll set up a routine soon enough and youll be back and rolling just like before.

dualfisted

why can't people just give me money?????

Yeah, well, depleting the savings account was starting to get in the way quite a bit too, so, I had to make a move. I'm totally gonna be a weekend warrior until training is over with. The break was great though, I've worked full time pretty much since I was 14 (now 37). I was making fun of all those commuters that were bitching at me last week for being able to ride with Ken, Christina (fall girl), tommy (fall girl's bf) and Greg,,,,,,,,, now I'm in that same boat, haha. It's one cyclical universe. :getsome:

NJ Jess

moderation

Ah,...work and play. Need them both cause savings doesn't last forever. Now you will Really appreciate the days you ride.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Work is definately cool, which is why I left early today to ride :D

Grats on the job tj, that isnt a bad schedule.

F

FallGirl1430

After 9 months of being a slacker and living off my savings, I started training at my new job today as an armed security officer at Oyster Crick. Until I get done with training 8 weeks from now, this is seriously going to cut into the five days a week of cycling I had been doing. The bonus is, I'll be makin' good money and once training is over I'll be working 2 days on, 2 days off, with a three day weekend every other week. BUT, until then, I'm hatin' it!!!!!!! TJ

TJ say it ain't so!!!
Fallgirl ... :)

dualfisted

I miss my bike

That's right Christina, I'm working 7am til 5pm right now while I'm training. The bonus is, they changed us to ten hour training days, which means I'll be making like 8 hours of overtime a week while training. Also, it means that I'll be finishing my training like two weeks earlier than scheduled, meaning that I'll be working that two days on, two days off, every other weekend I get a three day weekend schedule earlier. So, while I'm gonna get zero hours of ride time M-F right now, when I'm into my regular schedule, I'm gonna have ride time out the whazoo. The downside being my bike and lungs and such are going to be nearly ignored all week until the weekend. :getsome::getsome::getsome::getsome:

dualfisted

If becoming a soccer mom didn't entail becoming female, or having kids, I'd be all over it................ I'm half complaining, I'm gonna be getting paid good money with the bestest of best schedules soon, just losing a TON of riding time right now, lucky thing its been really wet and the trail conditions suck. As for Mr. Twelve hours a day of work Justin, that's only good if it comes with three day weekend holmes. If not,,,,,, quit, or, be making gobs and gobs of cash.

walter

Fourth Party
Yeah, good call.

But guess what suckas -- I'm off today! Hardly a ride-all-day kinda day, but after a bunch of errands I should be able to get a ride in. Uh-huh.

Hey, Im off today too. And tomorrow, and the next day and the next day and the next day and the next day.......

dualfisted

That's right, he failed to mention the gimp arm, haha. I'm riding all weekend, me thinks, at Allaire, pretty much no matter what. So, I'll see you sucka's there. Peace out cub scouts!!!1

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Hey, Im off today too. And tomorrow, and the next day and the next day and the next day and the next day.......

Me too and I'm perfectly healthy!! I don't know how yall get up each morning and face the slow death of employment...........

Top Bottom