This weekend's Ringwood NJCX race

mattsrabbit

Anyone around here got the inside scoop on what the course is going to look like? I'm gonna assume it's be pretty technical a-la Bubble and Lucky Charm.

xc62701

I’m in. There’s been sneak peeks of the course all day on their Facebook page. I’m going to warm up by doing a lap of Sterling early that morning. I can’t race for 45 minutes and call it good for the day.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I wonder if they'll be an awesome promoter and allow inexpensive 2nd races...

I registered, I want to support them and there's enough people in my class I should hopefully have an enjoyable race.

xc62701

I registered, I want to support them and there's enough people in my class I should hopefully have an enjoyable race.
?‍♂️
It can’t hurt to ask.

szymon

I was considering the same thing but didn't see anything about it on the flyer.

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Feeling cute. Might do another lap later. @seanrunnette
sean.jpg

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
On paper I'd hate this course but it was extremely well designed. I was extremely off my game but loved the race nonetheless.

This is actually a great venue. Parking is close to the race, easy to spectate and get to all of the sections. Bathrooms (Ringwood bathrooms...) and terrain that actually lent itself to a good course.

I wish I had more time to actually ride the course just to get better at it. There's a lot of sections where if done right you could gain a lot of time. The off-camber chicane/right turn transition onto the sidewalk, that downhill skill turn chicane, etc. I could session that course for a day.

Even the pinwheel I didn't hate and that's saying a lot.

mattsrabbit

Sad I missed this one, but excited for Westwood this weekend. I've always loved that course, even back when it was Crossnado!

Top Bottom