This weekend 3/7

betta285

What do you guys think? I would like to try to get a ride in Friday or Saturday. Think it'll be too sloppy/snowy?

Jim

B737

after 8-10", im pretty much not planning on MTB till end of march beginning of april. I think with the warmer temps coming its going to be a mess for a long time :(

Dusty the Whale

Mr.Chainsaw
used it again

soup.gif

betta285

do u still see alot of men walking the woods at Rutgers?
Not really, but when I do, they usually have some really good candy to offer.

after 8-10", im pretty much not planning on MTB till end of march beginning of april. I think with the warmer temps coming its going to be a mess for a long time :(

Yeah, that's what I figure, as well. Guess I'll just resort to playing in traffic.

Jim

betta285

Based on the current weather forecast and my schedule, the next time I should be able to ride will be Wednesday, March 18th. talk about depressing.

Jim

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
who needs a road bike to ride on the road. mtb + stairs and ledges = fun times to be had.

yes, but going any distance on a mtb on le road SUCKS. If you never rode a road bike, you won't know the differenece, once you do, you are ruined.

MEAN IRISH GUY

Horse-faced space dog
yes, but going any distance on a mtb on le road SUCKS. If you never rode a road bike, you won't know the differenece, once you do, you are ruined.

hahaah yeah i know the difference. im just saying you can still have fun out there not on the dirt.

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
so true I have a very entry level road bike and the differenece is incredible.
but I think this weekend I will be riding the 1x9 trek cause of the amount of slop in the road..for sat. anyway sunday if it dries up the roadie comes out and the miles go up...

Sircrashalot

I wouldn't say ruined. I ride the road on the road bike when I have to because I can't ride the trail. Period. I find I cant help but spend the time riding the road thinking how much more engaging & fun trails are.
I did see the thread about all the great things about road riding...but I find it to be mostly terribly boring with intermittent moments of pure fear of being squished. Oh...its noisy & smelly too depending on what cars are passing by.

This opinion is also probably due to where I live dictating where I have ridden the road. In fairness I have never thrown the road bike in the car to get to a nice place to ride. Truthfully, never even thought of it until just now. I guess if I only rode my mtn. bike from my house in the surrounding area it would get pretty boring pretty quick too...

At least I argue with myself too and not just others :D

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions