This is supposed to be....

Paul H

Fearless OOS Poser
I actually wanted to do this upgrade on my giant hub but quickly realized my hub was too cheap and not upgradeable.

Gotta see if the DT Swiss on my Hightower will work with this upgrade.

jdgang

Have the 54t on my SS, went from 18 to 36 to 54....big difference between 18 and 36 not so much between 36 and 54. But come on what else do I work for? Saving to pay for my kids to go to college? F that I would rather have the bling

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I never understood why more engagement meant better performance. I get more drag...
I haven't had too many different hubs ( hope, dt, Stan’s) and I never felt like one was so much better then another.

Same. Every hub i have ever owned felt exactly the same. Only difference I notice is some went "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" and some were quiet. I really hate those loud ones. scares away the wildlife.

Dajerseyrat

I think the gains will be more noticeable when climbing or starting from a stop where you have to re-engage the hub from a free wheel. If you ever noticed there will be a few degrees of play before it locks and the bike starts moving forward. Chances are if you do not notice this upgrade then you probably aren't the level of riding for it to make a difference.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Same. Every hub i have ever owned felt exactly the same. Only difference I notice is some went "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" and some were quiet. I really hate those loud ones. scares away the wildlife.
I went with the low noise option...

I bet all of your guitars feel and sound the same too.

capedoc

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I went with the low noise option...

I bet all of your guitars feel and sound the same too.

Whataboutism. We're talking about hubs here. The wheels go round and round.

Low Noise FTW. I want to see animals and shit.

Pearl

THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING
And pizza. All the same.........
effb780a53cdbee5cec660bd94497dd5.gif

serviceguy

The best $100 you'll ever spend on your bike. That is according to my online research, and we all know of it's on the internet it HAS to be true right?
Supposedly adding this little sprocket thingeymajiggy and going from 18 points of engagement to 54 points of engagement in your rear hub, is supposed to make the bike feel more responsive and help with climbing over technical stuff.
Everyone I talked to that has done this, has loved it, so we shall see if I notice anything when I go for a ride on Friday.
My only question is, why don't hub makers besides I9, make these standard in your hubs already if they are so swell???

What type of wizardry is this? Will it work with a Shimano freewheel ? Link please!

Top Bottom