This is supposed to be....

Dajerseyrat

The best $100 you'll ever spend on your bike. That is according to my online research, and we all know of it's on the internet it HAS to be true right?
Supposedly adding this little sprocket thingeymajiggy and going from 18 points of engagement to 54 points of engagement in your rear hub, is supposed to make the bike feel more responsive and help with climbing over technical stuff.
Everyone I talked to that has done this, has loved it, so we shall see if I notice anything when I go for a ride on Friday.
My only question is, why don't hub makers besides I9, make these standard in your hubs already if they are so swell???

Attachments

• IMG_20181212_102805.jpg
    IMG_20181212_102805.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20181212_102758.jpg
    IMG_20181212_102758.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_20181212_102615.jpg
    IMG_20181212_102615.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 141

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
This is a worthy upgrade. I run it in my Specialized and Giant wheels. However, it's less than 1/2 the engagement of an I9. Those are next level.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
This is a worthy upgrade. I run it in my Specialized and Giant wheels. However, it's less than 1/2 the engagement of an I9. Those are next level.
I never understood why more engagement meant better performance. I get more drag...
I haven't had too many different hubs ( hope, dt, Stan’s) and I never felt like one was so much better then another.
54 points of engangement, what is this, 1998? Kinda funny the trails WI one was 72 point and that was like whoa.

It makes difference where you have a lot of quarter cranking and snapping out of corners, but it kinda the thing you notice when you first make the switch and then never again.

Also, project 321 hubs FTW, that 216 POE.

Ryan.P

Team MTBNJ Halter's
I prefer dt swiss 18t , especially when gravity riding the bike seems to roll through chunk better with less pedal kickback .

Xler8

I went from Stans hubs to i9’s and find it a touch odd riding anything else now. Once you realize what you’ve been missing, it’s hard to go back to a loosy-goosey sloppy hub. Can’t imagine what instant engagement feels like on those Onyx hubs but the cost is no joke...

I did the same upgrade to my DT Swiss hubs and was pleased with the results. You’ll feel the difference for sure. Can’t really think of anything else for a hundo that would give you that kind of result so it may just be the best c-note you can spend. As long as you have DT hubs that is...

Top Bottom