Thinking about getting a MTB

Justin

Hi,
I am mostly on a road bike, but would like to get into mountain biking to help my bike handling skills.

I am in the Hoboken area, and wanted to see if there are any groups around. I also ride down in Wall on Sundays(road bike). I hear that Allaire state park is the place to go.

I am thinking about getting a Specialized Pitch 650b.

jumpa

hey Justin, i live next town over in JC. from our location i find the best trails to go to that are within a 45 minute radius are either sixmile, lewis morris, and chimney rock. all in orders of difficulty from easiest to hardest. though they are all beginner friendly and have room for advancement. i would highly recommend six mile run as your first trail network if its your first time on single track. the trails are well maintained and fairly fast, flat and fun.

i have a few friends from JC that i go mountain biking with on a normal basis. your more than welcome to come hang out. our group also only has maybe 2 or 3 seasons under our belt so our rides are usally fairly casual and laid back. just for fun no strava kinda rides. more than welcome to come hang out.

Justin

hey Justin, i live next town over in JC. from our location i find the best trails to go to that are within a 45 minute radius are either sixmile, lewis morris, and chimney rock. all in orders of difficulty from easiest to hardest. though they are all beginner friendly and have room for advancement. i would highly recommend six mile run as your first trail network if its your first time on single track. the trails are well maintained and fairly fast, flat and fun.

i have a few friends from JC that i go mountain biking with on a normal basis. your more than welcome to come hang out. our group also only has maybe 2 or 3 seasons under our belt so our rides are usally fairly casual and laid back. just for fun no strava kinda rides. more than welcome to come hang out.

When do you guys usually ride? I heard 650b is the way to go these days Vs the 29 inch. Once I decide on a bike, I would like to ride with you guys.

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Justin,

First off, Welcome:)

Marty's in Randolph, NJ is hosting a demo Saturday (the 18th) from 10-3.
Don't know all the details... But....
Why guess about wheel size when you can find out for yourself.

Have fun

Dan-

jumpa

the group, usually usually on sundays. me, a combination of wed, fri and sundays. we have all wheel sizes in our group. i personally ride a 29er, for the techy northeast roots and rocks on the jersey single track i find it rides well vs my old 26. my gf rides a 650b primarily for the big wheel advantage and she is just to small to ride a 29er. any wheel size can be ridden on any level depending on your skill. so its gonna be preference. but i can definitely say there is a strong 29er following in jersey. go ride some bikes and see what feels good! the 29er might feel at home if your coming from a roadie 700c background

When do you guys usually ride? I heard 650b is the way to go these days Vs the 29 inch. Once I decide on a bike, I would like to ride with you guys.

Top Bottom