Thinking about buying this santa cruz 5010.

Scotty_D

Local bike shop is unloading a 2019 demo carbon r+ 5010 in my size for 3k. I would be the original owner and get the frame warranty. This seems to be the perfect bike for me as I want a relatively playful bike I can ride anywhere in NJ. What do you guys think? is 1k off (25%) a good deal on a demo bike from last year? Does a bike like this fit the area well?

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Yes.

But you should try other bikes also. Just because it's an awesome bike, doesn't mean it's the best bike FOR YOU.

GreenMachine

Local bike shop is unloading a 2019 demo carbon r+ 5010 in my size for 3k. I would be the original owner and get the frame warranty. This seems to be the perfect bike for me as I want a relatively playful bike I can ride anywhere in NJ. What do you guys think? is 1k off (25%) a good deal on a demo bike from last year? Does a bike like this fit the area well?
Ask around the SC owners page on FB

bergsnj

Check competitive cyclist, they usually blow out the end of year models for up to 30% off and its a brand new bike. Great customer support too. But its also nice to shop local, just weigh your options. The 5010 is a great all around trail bike.

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
SC and Pivot are the two most popular bike makers in this area now. They seem well suited for riding trails in NJ.

Bike fit is the most important thing. Ideally you want to try a few bikes before buying. The 5010 may feel awesome compared to your 10 yr old bike but you should see what else is out there. At the same time, it's hard to turn down a good deal. The 5010 is a good deal.

I'm also a fan of buying from a LBS. I've broken every mountain bike I've owned, a good relationship with a bike shop takes some of the financial sting out of having to replace stuff.

Let us know how this turns out.?

Mare

I'm looking at that bike too but going to demo others at the upcoming fest next weekend before I commit. It's a great bike for around here.

MissJR

not in the mood for your shenanigans
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I love my 5010!!

But I do recommend trying a few other bikes as well... I tried a number of other bikes at a number of parks before committing to the 5010.

CommandoStyle

How do you say the name of this bike? :shrug:

1. fifty-ten?
2. five zero one zero?
3. Solo?
4. five thousand ten?

I don't own one but I really want one. I say fifty ten.

NJ Gator

I think Mare is referring to the Pivot demo at Six Mile- but if not... well there is a demo for Pivot at Six Mile I believe next weekend.

NJ Gator

I had no idea of the NJ Man Bike festival- Whoo Hoo signing up! Of course I am going to waitlisted on everything but oh we'll....

Magic

Formerly 1sh0t1b33r
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How do you say the name of this bike? :shrug:

1. fifty-ten?
2. five zero one zero?
3. Solo?
4. five thousand ten?

I don't own one but I really want one. I say fifty ten.
5010. 50-10. Five-O Ten. Cop-ten. Compton. SantaCruz Compton.

Ian F

Ten Fidy?
1569070464357.png

The 5010 seems to be a popular bike, although I am so far down the 29er rabbit hole a 27.5 bike feels odd to me.

Top Bottom