Things that make you smile :)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Just bought tix for Stone Pony Summer Stage.. My eldest, Trevor, will be playing rhythm guitar for Nick Amling on Sunday, Aug 21 (Sunday of Cranks weekend). Trevor's first gig. This kid Nick is moving to Nashville in the fall to pursue a music career.

Buy tix here:
Eventbrite - Stone Pony

I have a nashville contact - it won't help unless he likes working in a coffee shop to pay for studio time.
It is a process.......he is into the glam rock revival in nashville. WTF do i know?

roc

Drove down to Savannah Friday (I no longer fly), saw my youngest perform Saturday Night, drove BACK to Jersey Sunday. It rained from mid NC all the way home with a deluge from Raleigh to Baltimore with a tornado warning.…just to spice it up.
View attachment 192650
Worth every second of stop n go. He played Doody in Grease. Ironically he played the same role in day camp when he was 8. But now he gets paid 🤑

edit: No, this is not from the Saturday, it’s a shot from rehearsal. The wardrobe department is not sending him out there in street clothes and Nike’s…. Lol.
Very cool. Curious, how come you don’t fly anymore?

Juggernaut

Master of the Metaphor
Very cool. Curious, how come you don’t fly anymore?
I’ve always had minor issues with pressurization, but after contracting meningitis several years ago it takes me a week before the ear pain and reduced hearing abates…each way! Other than the birth of a grandchild (nothing on the horizon on that front) I don’t envision ever getting on a plane again.

roc

I’ve always had minor issues with pressurization, but after contracting meningitis several years ago it takes me a week before the ear pain and reduced hearing abates…each way! Other than the birth of a grandchild (nothing on the horizon on that front) I don’t envision ever getting on a plane again.
That blows, good luck.

krink

Eddie Munster
Just discovered a bike ferry. It takes you to 300’ or so across Menemsha inlet so you don’t have to double back on a busy road to add more quiet mileage and gravel/singletrack to the ride. (And check out the hull on that boat to the left of the sign - ferryman said it just happened yesterday. Beers were involved)

1659818106906.jpeg

1659817689332.jpeg1659817766593.jpeg

serviceguy

Let me introduce you to your new flying attire...you're welcome!

eb55df37a0620eabe685ad772d55495e--astronaut-helmet-space-suits.jpg

...but seriously, sorry to hear that. It blows.

Top Bottom