Things that make you smile :)

ebarker9

wait - didn't we learn how to power a light with a potato, some water, and salt?
oh, ChemE class, nevermind.

Our ChemEs seemed to spend a lot of time making soap. But chem was always a completely foreign language to me so I can't make fun of them too much.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Our ChemEs seemed to spend a lot of time making soap. But chem was always a completely foreign language to me so I can't make fun of them too much.

im a ME by education and trade, my wife is a chemE (also working in the industry) so if i have a chemical question i just defer. . . . makes life much easier no having to muddle around in black magic.

Santapez

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not universally true, but yes. I'm a ME by education, but we did this same thing in a class and my EE roommate couldn't figure it out without "another wire".

Few odd thoughts on this:

1) That's a great video. The point that if you can't know the basics, you can't know the complex. Why I want it hands on is exactly this.
2) The fresh EE guys out of college seem to have learned a ton about how to design integrated circuits, but have no idea how any actual electrical devices get wired. It blows my mind whenever they are in for interviews. The Mechanical Engineering Technology people who went to county first so far have been the most knowledgeable.
3) I was at MIT once and snuck into a buffet for some student event when I was in my early 20s. It was organized with the long line of tables so that you can serve yourself from both sides. HUGE line on one side of the table. I awkwardly walked to the other side, walked down the buffet filling my plate. Then the students formed a second line behind me...
4) Completely off topic, but the same day I snuck into a Dental convention. I got a free camping chair which I still have.

Dingo

1) That's a great video. The point that if you can't know the basics, you can't know the complex. Why I want it hands on is exactly this.
These same guys design GM cars. They don't know how it used to work, example a system that had no problems. So they make a new system, and all it does is have problems. Job security for them, and me. Until nobody buys the product, and the gov has to bail them out.

JerseyPete

2) The fresh EE guys out of college seem to have learned a ton about how to design integrated circuits, but have no idea how any actual electrical devices get wired. It blows my mind whenever they are in for interviews. The Mechanical Engineering Technology people who went to county first so far have been the most knowledgeable.
3) I was at MIT once and snuck into a buffet for some student event when I was in my early 20s. It was organized with the long line of tables so that you can serve yourself from both sides. HUGE line on one side of the table. I awkwardly walked to the other side, walked down the buffet filling my plate. Then the students formed a second line behind me...
4) Completely off topic, but the same day I snuck into a Dental convention. I got a free camping chair which I still have.
I have been involved in PCB design for years and worked with all types of EE's. MIT seems to have those who will not work as a team, same for Stanford. Carnegie Mellon and Cornell have the most well rounded and team oriented.

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

Dental Crashers?!

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This one made me laugh - I looked at the google search console report for the site.

the 3rd most popular click through search is for "winspace review"

:D

i wonder if i just helped it out....Have a nice picnic.

w_b

Matty riffing back and forth between Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Highway to Hell, while I’m on my weekly Bizdev call.

edit: he's also working the solo from Sweet Child O'Mine, but he's gotta pull it down an octave, up too high to hit them all.

A18D9964-1578-4238-89A5-B5AA00796337.jpeg

Last edited:
Top Bottom